Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up lake huron area. Trailer was 2550 lbs GVWR. I was impressed with the MPG on this trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: camping - towing

2550 GVWR towed like a dream.

a little low in the back, although the rear was full of gear and kids.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sweet Pics, smitman!

You threw me off a little with the Sunset coast of Lake Huron. Over here in Michigan, the Lake Huron Shore is the Sunrise Side!!:D

I agree with you. When the Pilot is loaded with gear, it looks to be riding a little low. In reality it drives fine!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Headlight beams...

When you are that loaded could you tell if your headlights were causing problems for on-coming drivers? I've had load leveling suspension for so long I'm afraid I will miss it. On the other hand I lived without it for years, so.......:8:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Headlight beams...

copilot said:
When you are that loaded could you tell if your headlights were causing problems for on-coming drivers? I've had load leveling suspension for so long I'm afraid I will miss it. On the other hand I lived without it for years, so.......:8:
No one seemed to complain(however, all my driving was back road stuff, no freeways)

Next time I hook up, I'll run the highway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Electric trailer brakes

Did you install electric brake controls by chance? Our tent trailer has electric brakes and the manual does recommend it for trailers over 1,000 lbs. If you did, how did the installation work out?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Electric trailer brakes

dsmith said:
Did you install electric brake controls by chance? Our tent trailer has electric brakes and the manual does recommend it for trailers over 1,000 lbs. If you did, how did the installation work out?

~ It was just a standard hookup, the only electrical was for the lights.

The pilot handled the braking no problem, including a thrilling moment when a farmer in a combine cut into the road I was travelling on at 50mph. I could see the brake shoe dust flying off my front wheels!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Smitman, Beauty Pilot! Got a Question...

I noticed you have a wind deflector on your Pilot. Has it given you any kind of problems at all? Mine's horrible with its high pitched hissing noise I get anytime I go over about 35KM/H (20MPH?).

Was this a factory/OEM install which you chose as an option at the time of the purchase or an after market unit? Thanks.

Oh, BTW, that silver looks very nice indeed.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Smitman,

Your pilot looks great in it's "natural" environment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Smitman, Beauty Pilot! Got a Question...

RipRocK said:
I noticed you have a wind deflector on your Pilot. Has it given you any kind of problems at all? Mine's horrible with its high pitched hissing noise I get anytime I go over about 35KM/H (20MPH?).

Was this a factory/OEM install which you chose as an option at the time of the purchase or an after market unit? Thanks.

Oh, BTW, that silver looks very nice indeed.

its the factory version and installed at the deealer. It doesn't whistle at all. The issue I heard is that the lip is not flush against the hood, so air blows through, check if it is flush tight against the hood, or take it back to the installer, its obviously wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts