Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back and forth as to whether to get the Touring or Elite trim. I like the fact that the Elite has 360 cameras, since they took away the blind spot camera I have on my 2016 Odyssey. What I'm wanting to know is if the cameras can be used while the vehicle is moving and what camera view(s) can be seen in the HUD? I turn my blind spot camera on and leave it on while I'm in traffic. Is this something I would be able to do in the Pilot? Thanks!

· Registered
46 Posts
I believe you can use the cameras up to 15mph. I’ve used mine while pulling into and out of parking spaces and my driveway.

From my understanding, no camera image is projected through the HUD. Are you talking about sensor warning lights? I believe the HUD doesn’t project a full image.

· Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get rear captains chairs and rear heated seats at the same time?

im not trying to have my kids sit on cold ass leather in middle of NY winter.
Only way to get rear heated seats is with Elite trim. Elite has the removable middle seat, thereby giving you captains’ chairs albeit without inboard arm rests.

· Registered
5,795 Posts
thank you but im not sure if I was clear. I'm looking for captains chairs, not chairs that have my hand dangling. They have those in Tahoe/Yukon/Cadi's
No, for those who consider captain's chairs as those that must have an armrest, the Touring and Elite do not offer that. So by this definition, you cannot get heated captain's chairs in a Pilot.

I think the Korean twins offer heated and ventilated second row and heated third row in their top trims.

· Registered
131 Posts
No, for those who consider captain's chairs as those that must have an armrest, the Touring and Elite do not offer that. So by this definition, you cannot get heated captain's chairs in a Pilot.

I think the Korean twins offer heated and ventilated second row and heated third row in their top trims.
Honda can't change the meaning of captains chairs just by calling a small bench seat a "captain's chair".

Those who consider captains chairs must have an armrest = those who know what a captains chair is.

The "top of the line?" 23 pilot has 2 small benches in 2nd row

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Honda can't change the meaning of captains chairs just by calling a small bench seat a "captain's chair".

Those who consider captains chairs must have an armrest = those who know what a captains chair is.

The "top of the line?" 23 pilot has 2 small benches in 2nd row
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 😅 😅

You are cracking me up with how passionate you are about this. I definitely do not think the presence of an arm rest transforms the "chair" into a "captain's chair", but to each their own.

I get it, you think this is some big misstep by Honda. I think it's a great feature and wish it were on lower trims. Truth is, time will tell in sales.

· Registered
131 Posts

You are cracking me up with how passionate you are about this. I definitely do not think the presence of an arm rest transforms the "chair" into a "captain's chair", but to each their own.

I get it, you think this is some big misstep by Honda. I think it's a great feature and wish it were on lower trims. Truth is, time will tell in sales.
Maybe i need an emoji dictionary to explain. Again no need to argue with what words mean. I never said every man on earth should get captain's chairs. Some do want it though and just cuz one person want a 9 pass suburban doesn't mean others do.

Yes I agree they should offer the awful chopped bench on the lower trims.

My "passion" is just that I'm confused why they offer true captain's chairs on EXL but not the 2 high trims, even as an option.

· Registered
131 Posts
I would like to have the Elite/Touring seat on a Trailsport even without the storage space. The seat wold live in the garage 95% of the time.
I agree. That should be an option also. Another error.

I cannot count how many times I've read on this forum, those who want to wait for the refresh to see if they fix what they messed up on the 23. It's just an indication that honda messed the pilot up in a bunch of ways

· Registered
5,795 Posts
Maybe i need an emoji dictionary to explain. Again no need to argue with what words mean. I never said every man on earth should get captain's chairs. Some do want it though and just cuz one person want a 9 pass suburban doesn't mean others do.

Yes I agree they should offer the awful chopped bench on the lower trims.

My "passion" is just that I'm confused why they offer true captain's chairs on EXL but not the 2 high trims, even as an option.
Solid dig, respect the memory.

Don't have a good reason why they didn't offer it as an option at this time. I think the convertible bench with optional armrest equipped captain's chairs would be a logical offering.

Reactions: Rico1

· Registered
22 Posts
I agree. That should be an option also. Another error.

I cannot count how many times I've read on this forum, those who want to wait for the refresh to see if they fix what they messed up on the 23. It's just an indication that honda messed the pilot up in a bunch of ways
It's like most manufacturer's don't interact with focus groups who could point these missteps out before they make it to the final design process. Obviously, they can't please everyone but it might help to get more input from message boards like this.

· Registered
348 Posts

You wish removable seat was on lower trims? Isn't it kinda?

· Registered
5,795 Posts
It's like most manufacturer's don't interact with focus groups who could point these missteps out before they make it to the final design process. Obviously, they can't please everyone but it might help to get more input from message boards like this.
They grab a bunch of random people, maybe 1 or 2 of them actually have a 3 row crossover. A bunch of dudes driving pickups should have very little influence on the next Pilot.

You wish removable seat was on lower trims? Isn't it kinda?
I've bene seeing some postulate that, has anyone actually removed the center seat from the lower trims? What all was required to do so?

· Registered
655 Posts
They grab a bunch of random people, maybe 1 or 2 of them actually have a 3 row crossover. A bunch of dudes driving pickups should have very little influence on the next Pilot.

I've bene seeing some postulate that, has anyone actually removed the center seat from the lower trims? What all was required to do so?
The seat is removable except on the Sport and I assume same for EXL there is a single wire that comes from the floor and plugs into it. So you will need to unplug that wire. I don't think anyone has verified what happens when you unplug it. Presumably it is what tells the car whether that seatbelt is buckled or not

1 - 20 of 118 Posts