Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't have a cam pulley holder tool? No problem.
Wrap your old timing belt around both cam gears and loop it underneath the old idler pulley. Then loop the bottom of the belt under the crankshaft. It's pretty tight at this point and won't rotate. Hold a backup on your front cam gear and break loose the back bolt with a second breaker bar. Bust the front one loose by simply poping it with your impact. Done deal.
For your enjoyment....

I also torqued both bolts to 67 ft lbs by putting the old belt back on the same way.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,686 Posts
Man, you've got to start posting videos, with sound and everything. Unedited. :)

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, you've got to start posting videos, with sound and everything. Unedited. :)
Took me a while to figure out how to make the belt tight enough to bust the cam bolts torqued at 67 Ft Lbs. You wouldn't want to hear my thought process and the many hours that pass between each step, unedited lol.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The evil twins.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Even easier is to remove one of the rear plate bolts and stick a screw driver or rod into that hole, through the windows on the cam sprocket. You can both loosen and torque the bolts with this method.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,686 Posts
You wouldn't want to hear my thought process and the many hours that pass between each step, unedited lol.
That's exactly what I'd pay good money to hear. OK, hardly any, but still. Edited for length, perhaps, but not for "expression" of thought process. :D

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even easier is to remove one of the rear plate bolts and stick a screw driver or rod into that hole, through the windows on the cam sprocket. You can both loosen and torque the bolts with this method.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Lol 😂🤣
Noticed I got a little oily dust build up on the bottom of the rear plate. Need to change the O ring in that one.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts