Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing a timing belt change using the Aisin kit. It does not come with Cam and Crank seals, should I buy them? and how difficult are they to replace? I always did regular oil changes so I am hoping at 250k they are all still good. Not sure I have the tools to do the seals.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
I will be doing a timing belt change using the Aisin kit. It does not come with Cam and Crank seals, should I buy them? and how difficult are they to replace? I always did regular oil changes so I am hoping at 250k they are all still good. Not sure I have the tools to do the seals.
If your milage is 250k, I'd do the seals. I'd only use OEM seals. I've had trouble with aftermarket. No fun doing it twice.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If it is at 250k and they have never been changed I would probably change them. They are not terrible to change. You can use a small piece of PVC pipe to drive the crank seal back in if you need too. Just take the seal to the plumbing place to make sure you get the right diameter.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the timing belt job! I could of used some air tools and a lift to be honest. It came out fine. I have an old Harbor Freight impact I bought years ago for like 35 dollars and it took the crank bolt off using a heavy mass socket made for Honda's no problem. Last time about 6 years ago I had a friend do the job, I bought all the parts and used the AISIN timing belt kit back then. The old Mitsuboshi belt with 115K literally look like new except the writing on top wore off from the pulleys. Every tooth was perfect, not a crack or imperfection anywhere!! it looked as good as the new one from the AISIN kit I just bought at Rockauto I hope the new Mitsuboshi one is as good. I absolutely believe the belt had another 115k in it. But since it an interference engine I guess Honda is like better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Did the timing belt job! I could of used some air tools and a lift to be honest. It came out fine. I have an old Harbor Freight impact I bought years ago for like 35 dollars and it took the crank bolt off using a heavy mass socket made for Honda's no problem. Last time about 6 years ago I had a friend do the job, I bought all the parts and used the AISIN timing belt kit back then. The old Mitsuboshi belt with 115K literally look like new except the writing on top wore off from the pulleys. Every tooth was perfect, not a crack or imperfection anywhere!! it looked as good as the new one from the AISIN kit I just bought at Rockauto I hope the new Mitsuboshi one is as good. I absolutely believe the belt had another 115k in it. But since it an interference engine I guess Honda is like better safe than sorry.
Nice!
I'm sure you check, and rechecked the timing marks. The Aisin kit has never failed me. Good stuff. Good that you replaced. I've thrown away many good water pumps just so I can sleep at night. 😁👍

Reactions: 317290

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!
I'm sure you check, and rechecked the timing marks. The Aisin kit has never failed me. Good stuff. Good that you replaced. I've thrown away many good water pumps just so I can sleep at night. 😁👍
Yes I went around like Six times, the bottom crank was straight up and both cam's were right on. I'm pretty sure I noticed the back cam was just a little off from the last timing belt job but it ran fine, when I was done all 3 lined up perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts