Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a California Duster on a Zaino polished surface? What were your results?

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
It'll work fine. I personally don't use the duster, but plenty of people like it.

You should only use it for light dust.

Primary risk (aside from scratching if u try it w/dirt) is streaking: If it's a newer one, just be sure to wrap it in newspaper for a couple of days to soak up excess paraffin (sp?) before first-use. Also, don't use it if the paint's hot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use the california duster a lot and have found it to be an excellent product. It was especially useful in the spring when I would use it just about everyday to dust off the yellow pollen.

Like Worm said, be careful to not use it to clean dirt, you dont want to drag some dirt and scratch up your Pilot. Also, if you use it on a hot paint surface, the parafin will streak, but it wipes off easily with some Z6.

I also have a small duster that I use for the interior. It works very well and does a great job of dusting the dash, intrument cluster, etc.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've been using a California Duster for years, and love it. But as mentioned above, it's only for light dust! It's good to hear the small one works well on the interior. I've gotta get one of those!

·
Registered
143 Posts
TheWorm said:

Primary risk (aside from scratching if u try it w/dirt) is streaking: If it's a newer one, just be sure to wrap it in newspaper for a couple of days to soak up excess paraffin (sp?) before first-use. Also, don't use it if the paint's hot.
Agreed. The first few times I used it, it left streaks. Very noticible on black.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I asked this question is I tried to use a Webster duster and it did a terrible job. In the house it does a pretty good job at picking up dust, but on the Pilot it just smeared it around.

Does the California duster depend on the wax to be effective? Can it be washed to remove the wax or does that just kill its effectiveness?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It does work best on a waxed / polished surface. The more you use it, the better it works. It doesn't work very well if the surface has been wet. Only use on light, dry dust. The directions said it won't work as well if you wash it.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts