Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have info on where the interior air filter is located, and how to access and change it. I'm assuming its on the top of the firewall under the black plastic cover below the wipers, but didn't want to poke around blindly.
Thanks in advance:1zhelp:

·
Registered
149 Posts
See thread

My 99 Accord has similar filter setup behind the glovebox. I changed it after 2 years and it was very dirty. I plan to change it in the Pilot after 2 years. Cost $25.81 at Manchester Honda on the net

·
Registered
149 Posts
Instruction from Honda Sevice Manual

Here are the steps: 1) remove the glove box; 2) cut the plastic cross brace in the glove box opening with diagonal cutters (first installation only); 3) remove the bolts, screws and glove box frame; 4) remove the filter lid from the evaporator, then pull out the filter; 5) install new filter in the reverse order of removal; and 6) install glove box frame and glove box in reverse order of removal. It's a simple job. If you take it to the dealer, it may charge you over $100. You can do it around $25.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoppy, thanks a lot. I tried the search fxn before the post, but came up empty. Thanks for the liknks and instructions. Love this forum.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I was kinda wondering that myself.

Is two years the standard?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Does anyone have access to a Pilot service manual with diagrams to see how to do this???

·
Registered
408 Posts
Birdman

Looks like you have a book with all the instructions for parts and installations on the pilot?

If it is, where can I get it? can you give us the info?

Thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
Can you pls post page 20-68???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Man,is this a great site or what! :29: It's great how much we can
find out on here,I am not Mr.Handyman but there's enough info here that I might even try it when it comes time and if not at least I can act is if I know what the hell they're talking about because this time i will know!
thanx!:2: :2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Birdman said:
Here you go.
Hi there, thank you all for some great information.

I just changed out the filter on our '05 pilot, and the pictures and instructions don't take into account the toeguard and fusecover assembly below the right glove box bolt. I could not readily remove that bolt without first removing that cover.
I'm in the Seattle-Tacoma area, and 30,000 miles or two years is too long.
It has been two years almost to the day, but it was starting to smell funky in the cabin when the car was warming up.
It looked like the filter grew mildew on both sides! :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts