Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patience has NEVER been my virtue.

My Pilot is at the dealership. I have already paid for her. The accessories are now installed and I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY TO PICK HER UP...

...the pressure is killing me.

My better half is out of town and he wants to pick it up together on Sunday. So, I'll pick him up at the airport on Sunday and we will go get the Pilot together.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TIL SUNDAY -- I WANT IT NOW!!!

I just can't take the pressure. Sunday is just soooooooooo far away. I have EIGHTY-EIGHT hours to go.

I can't cope...

(Humming "Lord I'm 1, Lord I'm 2, Lord I'm 88 hours from my Pilot...)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can't Sleep

Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday and they went right to work on it putting the tow package on. I'll be picking it up today at noon. I couldn't sleep. Been awake since 4am.

Remember delayed gratification is good for you. Maybe you can see a therapist on Friday to help you make it to Sunday.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ours will be here any day now. It was 4 hours away in Nashville on Monday. That's only 4 hours away. At least yours is there!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah, mine is due to hit the lot at any time now. I find that drinking in excessive amounts really helps me to pass out (errr....sleep, I mean!). :p

Not really!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Like a bunch of kids at Christmas... :D

Are you guys going to leave milk and cookies out for the freight truck driver?

May you get your Pilot a day sooner than expected. :29:

Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
My Sagebrush EXL should be in anyday also. Mere days away. Maybe even hours....

I was looking at a black one my dealer had outfitted with accessories. They were charging $1699 for the sidesteps alone. And massively overcharging for everything else. Looks like I'm not getting any accessories installed right away.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can relate, just went through this last week. Remember copperpoppy and xxyzzy?

Only advise to you future owner.......... breaking period is 600 miles........NO harsh breaking and acceleration. The way I read this is taking it to 100+ MPH is not harsh acceleration...........since RPM is only about 4.5K RPM. I am thinking everybody is going it take it up there since it is so so sooooooooooooo smooth.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
What Wimps

Some of us had to wait since January.

Then at the last minute I got a 3 week extension.

I mean, my nails are just starting to grow back in!
:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Due in this sunday, I hope.
A day or two for the accesories.
Hoping to take her home monday or tuesday.

TKO
:cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
New Pilot - SOON!!!

We were supposed to pick up my wife's new EX-L RES at 10:00 this mornig, but the saleman called to tell us it had a flat tire! DRAT!!! DOUBLE DRAT!!! They were smart enough to get a new tire and not repair the other. I'va already told them that it's on its way to the Goodyear dealer to swap out the dreaded Integrity tires for real SUV tires - the Goodyear Fortera HL. Oh well, I guess it's woth the wait...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Arrival soon...

Mine is due in on Wednesday the 28th! I feel everyones anexiety! So this is why I could not sleep the past week. Wow...

Is anyone a marketing person for commercials? Because when xyzzy stated that we could leave milk and cookies, I thought that would be a pretty funny commercial for Honda.

Anyway, good luck future Pilot owners.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Oh yeah, vegasdude. I remember that evening well. We were right there with ya, bud. I hope the "honeymoon" is going well.

Chris

·
Registered
486 Posts
You guys are killing me!

I'm still at least two weeks away....

l102374- any reason you didn't go with the Michelin Cross Terrains?

·
Registered
347 Posts
T-72:00:00
T-71:59:59
T-71:59:58
T-71:59:57
T-71:59:56
T-71:59:55
T-71:59:54
T-71:59:53
T-71:59:52
T-71:59:51
T-71:59:50

Dayam this sucks........:3:

·
Registered
111 Posts
We have liftoff! We just picked up our Silver Pilot EX-L (with RB) today. I don't know how they did it. There's a ton of room in there and yet it's still maneuverable, easy to drive and fits just fine in the garage.

I'm more impressed now than I was in the test drive.

Good luck all - you will not be disappointed.

SkyPilot

·
Registered
34 Posts
TODAY

Got mine today at HIGH NOON....LOVE IT.

Havasu Blue EX-L RES
Mud Flaps
Pin Stripe
Cargo Cover
Cargo Net
SOON-Running Boards

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am on vacation and I just called home to check my messages and guess what, MY PILOT IS IN!!:D :D :D I won't be home until the beginning of next week, so I am not looking at delivery for about another week--I feel your pain, Copperpoppy!!

I think it's kind of fun that so many of us are expecting our cars any day now.

I will keep everyone informed once we get our newest family member. I can't wait!!!!:2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
in transit!!!!

I just got off the phone with my salesman. I know he will be so glad when I finally have my Pilot and stop calling every day.

They still don't have an ETA (what is that?) but it is on its way! I should have it before the end of the month!

·
Registered
465 Posts
ETA

Ok, I am a digbat! I just looked at my post, and feel really dumb. ETA - estimated time of arrival? I am guessing that is it. Boy, no brain surgeon here!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts