Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really gone, but faded into the background a good bit. I blacked my HDMI out because I thought it would look better, and was pleasantly surprised by how much better I like it.

It wasn't difficult to do right, but I do have a few tips and tricks to share. I won't do that right now, but if anyone is interested, let me know (I'll stay subscribed), and I'll try to post within a day.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes...I'd like to know more. Did you have to remove front bumber and grill to get the HDMI off? Seems like a lot of work just to black out the one part.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes...I'd like to know more. Did you have to remove front bumber and grill to get the HDMI off? Seems like a lot of work just to black out the one part.
Yeah, I don't blame anybody for not wanting to do the work, but I couldn't handle looking at it the way it was. The way the ugly HDMI now blends into the black background of the grill really changes the look of the whole front.

Getting the bumper off is not hard. I've had it off 2 more times putting in a different tranny cooler for towing. Getting the HDMI out of the grill was a bit more tricky, but I just needed an extra set of hands. My son was happy to help. All in all, I think sanding down the HDMI was the most boring/tedious step, but it has to be done or the paint won't stick. If you go for it, let me know. I'll give you more detailed tips.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I've never heard it called that but now I can't call it anything else! When we were looking at Pilots I forbade my wife from looking at pre-'12 because I couldn't cope with that grill. Good choice, good execution, nicely done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts