Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When trying to install my SVCM- another thread- don't ask,
I took off the plastic cover, quickly located the ECT1 sensor, and saw this hose, it appears plugged, going nowhere?
I think it goes somewhere. but where, to what?
No lights, runs great, etc.

This is on my 08, FWD Pilot.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,184 Posts
Transmission vent. No cause to get one's britches in a bunch. :D

But is it truly/should it be plugged, though? Hmm...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Transmission vent. No cause to get one's britches in a bunch. :D

But is it truly/should it be plugged, though? Hmm...
Thanks Obiwan,
I saw that it went to the top of the tranny, but had to ask. Where does itr supposed to plug in to, the intake snorkel? the one that's cracked to hades already?

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
I think it's just supposed to sit there as is, nekkid.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I believe it's a one-way vent/check valve.......it lets pressure in the tranny to equalize. If high water should reach it, it will float up sealing/preventing high water from entering the tranny.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe it's a one-way vent/check valve.......it lets pressure in the tranny to equalize. If high water should reach it, it will float up sealing/preventing high water from entering the tranny.
HIgh Water? Valve will float up and seal it? Cool

Why, just last week, with my FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Pilot, I as off roading and going along a creek bad, water was up to the door handles on the sides! I was loosing sleep over this darn tranny vent!

J/K- thank you for the replies. I'm just going to let it 'sit there'.

So, PlPlPl, and others with a Gen 1,

Is yours like that too? Butt nakid? Hanging out there in the wind?

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
You owe me big time. You incited me to go out in my jammies and check at -12 C, You know what? I didn't find it before I got too cold and gave up, but not before getting residual rustproofing goo on myself.

I'm passing the torch on to someone in a warmer clime for the time being. At least there was some hot off the grill French toast waiting for me inside.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You owe me big time. You incited me to go out in my jammies and check at -12 C, You know what? I didn't find it before I got too cold and gave up, but not before getting residual rustproofing goo on myself.

I'm passing the torch on to someone in a warmer clime for the time being. At least there was some hot off the grill French toast waiting for me inside.
Well, owning you and others on the site- for sure.

Get some fleece lined jammies, a good 'Broner' cap- (look that one up), gloves, etc.

-12C? Thats 10.4F. It was 17F here this morning- and I went to swim practice! (It's indoors!)

No seriously, thanks.

I'll keep searching for it.

How can I get the parts diagram for that? Hint, hint?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It looks like #8? Still don't know if it hooks on to or goes anywhere though.

Slvr7?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Hell,

It's already been asked and answered- again- here on my thread too.

Sorry all, I guess I didn't search well enough the first time,
Here's the Piloteers thread on it:

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Now I'm doubly peeved I froze in my jammies looking for it. You had the answer all along.

'Broner' cap

I'll settle for no less than a bona fide Fargo winter police hat. Or maybe a Wisconsin one for when it's balmy. :p

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
HIgh Water? Valve will float up and seal it? Cool

Why, just last week, with my FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Pilot, I as off roading and going along a creek bad, water was up to the door handles on the sides! I was loosing sleep over this darn tranny vent!

J/K- thank you for the replies. I'm just going to let it 'sit there'..........
You may have a similar one way check valve in the bottom of the air filter box. If water should enter the air intake, it will collect in the bottom of the air filter box and drain out thru the check valve. If water should get high enough to reach the bottom of the box from the outside, the check valve will "float up" and close, preventing high water from entering at the bottom of the box. Your Pilots may not have a check valve.....just an open ended vent hose.

SFB Syndrome is rampant. Surely you have seen on your 6:00 news showing stalled FWD cars at intersections on paved roads with water up to the door handles, no? One way check valves can only do so much......but they can't fix stupid.:eek:

We've had less than 7" of rain all of 2020......but the day we got 7", our 6:00 evening news showed one, SFB driver and their stalled cars, after another.

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
For the uninitiated or acronym challenged, SFB =

1 - 14 of 14 Posts