Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side seat is starting to rip and crack. A few junk yards have good condition gray leather seats, but I am concerned about buying a seat from a wrecked car. Will that trigger any sort of SRS lights? I'm not sure how these airbags work. There are some deployed airbags but not on that side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
It should not. Just remember to disconnect battery and wait at least 10 minutes before disconnecting the yellow SRS wire connector from your old seat. And do not reconnect your battery until the new seat is installed and harness reconnected.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should not. Just remember to disconnect battery and wait at least 10 minutes before disconnecting the yellow SRS wire connector from your old seat. And do not reconnect your battery until the new seat is installed and harness reconnected.
Sweet. I didn't think there'd be an issue but I wanted to be sure. Thank you!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Don't forget to inspect the new seat carefully for cracked or broken mounting hardware, including mounts and brackets.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to inspect the new seat carefully for cracked or broken mounting hardware, including mounts and brackets.

Is this a common issue and does it require me to completely disassemble the seat to check?

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Is this a common issue and does it require me to completely disassemble the seat to check?
I would say it's probably from an impact with a person in the seat. I would just ask whoever you're buying a used one from to inspect it. Send them this photo in the link.
When buying anything from a salvage yard, I'd say yes, it's very common to get broken parts. Not just a seat like this.

Reactions: Jack Vogt

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,283 Posts
Based on the anecdotal evidence I've read over the years on this forum, I's say it's a problem that is more common on this gen Pilots than average.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts