Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a 2009 2wd Pilot touring edition that I think I'm going to buy Monday. Its pretty clean and at my local dealership in on trade. It's got 86,000 miles. I've got them down to $9,000. It does need tires but they aren't willing to go down anymore. I didn't think they would. What do you think? Its my first pilot so just curious for some feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the inside is nice. It also has the rear dvd player. but I'm not sure we would use that. We are just looking for an extra vehicle to take the kayaks, bikes and stuff like that. Maybe some trips

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Pull a Car Fax on the vehicle if the Dealer didn't already do it for you. That in my opinion is a pretty good price. The dealership I got my 2020 Passport from has my trade in, a 2013 Pilot Touring with 70,000 miles on it listed for 19K. It was in immaculate condition inside and out. They did all the service on it and knew it from front to back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull a Car Fax on the vehicle if the Dealer didn't already do it for you. That in my opinion is a pretty good price. The dealership I got my 2020 Passport from has my trade in, a 2013 Pilot Touring with 70,000 miles on it listed for 19K. It was in immaculate condition inside and out. They did all the service on it and knew it from front to back.
Yeah I was going to check that for sure. It was bought there and serviced there but you never know. My credit union provides one if I'm looking at a vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car fax makes me feel better about buying it. It looks pretty good on there. It shows that there was some damage to the front right reported. But I kinda figured that because one headlight looks newer than the other. The damage was 5 years ago. Just 2 years at 75k miles it was serviced and they changed timing belt, tensioner, Water pump and front and rear brakes.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
Have you considered having it inspected by your trusted mechanic? It will be worth the ~$100 you’ll spend if something major is discovered. If nothing major is found then you know you’re purchasing a solid 11 year old vehicle.

Reactions: Daltongang

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally I would but the mechanic I use is closed until the virus stuff is done. I think I'm gonna roll the dice and get it tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
The reputable dealers in this area offer a warranty with their used vehicles. Usually 12 months or 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it. I guess we will see so good so far. A local tire shop said i could get 4 cooper tires mounted and out the door for $520. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Definitely a deal with the timing belt job, It also has a few pricey extras like front and rear lower aluminium trim and bumper guard, side running guards. All that extra would be like 1600ish. What state are you located? The only thing it's missing is 4wd or I would have gotten it. I literally bought a 09 4wd silver with 98k for 9k last week and that was the best deal in my state for the last 6 months for 1 owner, no accident, under 10k pilots

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely a deal with the timing belt job, It also has a few pricey extras like from and rear lower aluminium trim and bumper guard, side running guards. All that extra would be like 1600ish. What state are you located? The only thing it's missing is 4wd or I would have gotten it. I literally bought a 09 4wd silver with 98k for 9k last week and that was the best deal in my state for the last 6 months for 1 owner, no accident, under 10k pilots
I'm in Augusta Ga. Its been great so far. The only issue I have had is the rear glass. The struts were kind of worn so I replaced them and it was functioning great but now the button doesn't seem to work. I press the glass button but i dont hear any noise from the actuator... i wonder if the button has gone bad. The power hatch works fine but the glass won't "pop" open? I've checked what i believe is the right fuses so I'm guessing its the switch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts