Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 Honda Pilot with navigation for $30,210 plus tax and license in Los Angeles. It included wheel locks, cargo tray, and rear splash guards. First thing I did was get the Consumer Reports new car price report and added 5% to the wholesale price. Then I emailed every Honda dealership in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and Ventura County and said I was ready to buy a Pilot with navigation for $30,175. Every dealership will respond back by email or phone. Only one dealership, Nelson Honda, in El Monte said you got a deal. When I went to Nelson Honda, I backed out of the deal when they only offered $2,500 for my 1993 Toyota 4 Runner. So, I sold the 4 Runner on my own and went shopping for the Pilot the following week. Before going back to Nelson, I went to Metro Honda in Montclair through the Costco auto program. First offer from Metro was $200 under MSRP. I said forget it. I already got a firm offer from Nelson for $30,100. Metro said they would match it, but I would have to wait a few weeks for the silver Pilot with navigation. I said I would get back to them if I did not buy a Pilot that day. Then I drove down to Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos because there are the largest Honda dealership in LA. But the saleman was a jerk, so I left and went back to Nelson Honda. Nelson had added the cargo cover, rear splash guards, and wheel locks and wanted me to pay $400 more. I said no way. Take the accessories off. I showed them internet pricing from www.handaaccessories.com and said I would only $110 for the accessories. So, I paid $30,100 for the Pilot with navigation and $110 for wheel locks, cargo tray, and rear splash guards. Total adds up to $30,210 plus tax and license. I felt I got such a great deal I splurged and got the 7 year extended warranty and a networkcar. I would also recommend getting loan approval first. Thru People First I was approved for 4.74%. At the dealership, they offered 4.29%. Also note that the dealerships make their profits on dealer installed accessories. Buy the Pilot with no or minimal accessories from the dealership. Once you have purchased the Pilot, buy your accessories online.
Hope my experience help others get a great price on their Pilot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts