Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! Looking at buying a 2012 touring. It has 190,000km on it. Or 118,000 miles. Looks to be in good condition. My concern is how bad is the motor and trany issues with this model the VCM issues I seem to hear about scare me now! Just sold my 04 with 380,000km and never had an issue. Is the extended warranty still on this unit in Canada? Anything I should look at before purchasing? Thanks for the help.. sorry if this is a recurring question that is asked!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey Guys! Looking at buying a 2012 touring. It has 190,000km on it. Or 118,000 miles. Looks to be in good condition. My concern is how bad is the motor and trany issues with this model the VCM issues I seem to hear about scare me now! Just sold my 04 with 380,000km and never had an issue. Is the extended warranty still on this unit in Canada? Anything I should look at before purchasing? Thanks for the help.. sorry if this is a recurring question that is asked!
If it drives great, shifts smoothly and has no funny vibrations, I say go for it.

I'd be more concerned with how well it was maintained vs any possible (rare) issues with VCM. Was the t-belt service done at 105K miles? Transmission, differential and VTM4 fluid changes on the regular? Plugs done? etc.

If it ticks all the boxes and was well maintained, go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts