Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Pilot EXL failed annual safety inspection due to shut bushing on rear lower trailing arm.

Being fan of RockAuto, I ordered the only available bushing there - DELPHI TD263W ( More Information for DELPHI TD263W ), listed as proper part, placed it in the freezer, and waited till next weekend.

When I removed original bushing, and compared to the new one, I was not happy.

New bushing, while having correct part number, was physically worse and better at the same time. Better because there were no gap on the sides in rubber coverage - plus.

Worse, because mounting holes were too small, so bolts didn't fit, and centers between holes where short by couple of mm's.

Also, metal was thinner then original by about 1-1.5mm.

Long story short - using file and some other tools I made it fit. However, would probably get some other (OEM?) bushings if I have to do it again.

Learn from others' experience.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
My 2008 Pilot EXL failed annual safety inspection due to shut bushing on rear lower trailing arm.

Being fan of RockAuto, I ordered the only available bushing there - DELPHI TD263W ( More Information for DELPHI TD263W ), listed as proper part, placed it in the freezer, and waited till next weekend.

When I removed original bushing, and compared to the new one, I was not happy.

New bushing, while having correct part number, was physically worse and better at the same time. Better because there were no gap on the sides in rubber coverage - plus.

Worse, because mounting holes were too small, so bolts didn't fit, and centers between holes where short by couple of mm's.

Also, metal was thinner then original by about 1-1.5mm.

Long story short - using file and some other tools I made it fit. However, would probably get some other (OEM?) bushings if I have to do it again.

Learn from others' experience
Thanks for sharing your experience as this info would be hard to find. I don't have eagle-eyed rear trailing arm inspectors in my local DMV. Emissions, cracked windshields and ability to reasonably stop are the top priorities. Covered rusty body panels, loose sub-frames, leaky shocks etc easily get the pass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I ordered the same parts for my 2008 Honda Pilot SE AWD 3.5L
The new ones had smaller holes; that is not an issue, fixable. But how did you resolve the thinner material issue ? I was able to push it by hand through the trailing arm hole. They should be press/tight fit.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I ordered the same parts for my 2008 Honda Pilot SE AWD 3.5L
The new ones had smaller holes; that is not an issue, fixable. But how did you resolve the thinner material issue ? I was able to push it by hand through the trailing arm hole. They should be press/tight fit.
It was not a problem in my case, had to freeze busing and then still use 7 ton puller to install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts