Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tested the HIDs night time. Fog light and Headlight combo. I also did the high beams but I know that I will rarely use it.

Wow. Thats a lot of glare.. i feel like the OEM projectors from our 06-08 are pretty decent. your ebay black housing projectors shoots out a ton of glare. your basically blinding everyone!.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Front Lower Trim Nose

I ordered it from the local HONDA Dealership.
What's the part number, the OEM part name, and how much is it?

Looks great!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hear many people say that HID's in stock housing or eBay housing's blind oncoming traffic... but OEM HID's blind oncoming traffic too. So... is it really that big of a deal?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Busa, do you have a link or shop you can refer me to where you bought the Tutco Window Rain guards, hood bug deflector and front bumper guard trim?

I'd like to buy and install these on my pilot? How simple was it to install these? Would I be all to do it with very few tools and no garage just an open parking space?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Busa, do you have a link or shop you can refer me to where you bought the Tutco Window Rain guards, hood bug deflector and front bumper guard trim?

I'd like to buy and install these on my pilot? How simple was it to install these? Would I be all to do it with very few tools and no garage just an open parking space?
It looks like they are not Tutco but Putco rain guards.

Element Window Visors by PUTCO

·
Registered
9 Posts

Looks like he also posted it earlier in the thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
sorry for the late reply.. :) i really like what you've done so far.. :)

my pilot is still in the stock oem stage, but will be posting some adustments soon.. :) pm! :) thank you!
Thanks man! :29:

Ganda pre! I might do that with my 2003!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Salamat sir!:)

just recognized this pilot on CL, good luck with the sale! whats the replacement? nice ride for sure
Not really looking for a replacement. I just thought that I'd see if someone wanted it so I could explore other car options.

selling the pilot already?
Off and On.

Wow. Thats a lot of glare.. i feel like the OEM projectors from our 06-08 are pretty decent. your ebay black housing projectors shoots out a ton of glare. your basically blinding everyone!.
Not really. So far so good. No one ever complained about it yet especially in NH where most roads don't have street lights.

What's the part number, the OEM part name, and how much is it?

Looks great!
Looks like Burt already posted the part number.

I hear many people say that HID's in stock housing or eBay housing's blind oncoming traffic... but OEM HID's blind oncoming traffic too. So... is it really that big of a deal?
For me, I am okay with what I have. Like what I said, nobody has ever complained yet. :)

Burt posted the link. its PUTCO ones.

TRIM (LOWER) (W/GARNISH) - 2008 HONDA PILOT (08P01S9V110B)

Looks like at collegehillshondaparts dot com it's $383.50 (That's for a 2008)

TRIM (LOWER) (W/GARNISH) for 2008 Honda PILOT|08P01-S9V-110B
Correct! :29:

It looks like they are not Tutco but Putco rain guards.

Element Window Visors by PUTCO
Looks like he also posted it earlier in the thread.
Correct again! :29:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Went to Martha's Vineyard this weekend. I only took one shot of the car since I was busy taking photos of the family and the scenery! Ill try to have more updated photos of the pilot! Maybe some night shots would be nice! Stay tuned!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Installed the AVS bug deflector and it was a breeze. Took me 10 minutes. Love this new simple mod! :)

Still ruminating on the lower nose trim, but inspired by your nice-looking results I ordered and installed the AVS Bugflector II, which I think is what you have. Love the easy, no-drill, no-tape install.

Couple of things:

1. Mine came with four little round rubber bump-ons. Did you actually use yours? I didn't, since as others have noted, albeit for their second generation Pilots, I don't think any amount of wind shear would bend it anywhere close to hitting the hood.
  2. You know you can fairly easily peel off the biggish oval AVS logo, which is really just a stick-on. There's a much more discrete etching beneath it. Not that AVS isn't a great company for making such a good product, but I don't feel the need to advertise them so prominently on the front of my vehicle.
Also love this mod, because the AVS model wraps around over the headlights. Hopefully, not only bugs will be deflected, bringing down what one member terms BGPSI (Bug Guts Per Square Inch), but also will reduce chipped paint from flying gravel. During installation, I noticed that's where most little stones seem to impact. I dabbed a little OEM touch-up paint first, but then the shield pretty much protects the area.

Stands out boldly on the Taffeta White :18:,
but also blends in suavely on the Nighthawk Black Pearl :31:.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Cross rails and fog light assembly came in today.

Cross rails installed! Took me 2 hours since I had to modify a piece of it with a dremel and come up with washers for the screw. The one of the pre drilled holes were short and I did not want to bother waiting for a replacement. It's on there and it's pretty solid and will go nowhere! :) now we can use the Thule if we need to! Yahoo!!!

Just scored some 2006-2008 crossbars for $50 on Kijiji.ca, Canada's answer to Craigslist but with a tad less prostitution.

Indeed, they were surprisingly more of a PITA to install than one would expect. Glad it's done now, though, and come December I'll be able to drive the Christmas tree home up there.

:15: Not in the same league as some people's elegantly modified rides, but it does add a little more U to the SUV.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Still ruminating on the lower nose trim, but inspired by your nice-looking results I ordered and installed the AVS Bugflector II, which I think is what you have. Love the easy, no-drill, no-tape install.

Couple of things:

1. Mine came with four little round rubber bump-ons. Did you actually use yours? I didn't, since as others have noted, albeit for their second generation Pilots, I don't think any amount of wind shear would bend it anywhere close to hitting the hood.
  2. You know you can fairly easily peel off the biggish oval AVS logo, which is really just a stick-on. There's a much more discrete etching beneath it. Not that AVS isn't a great company for making such a good product, but I don't feel the need to advertise them so prominently on the front of my vehicle.
Also love this mod, because the AVS model wraps around over the headlights. Hopefully, not only bugs will be deflected, bringing down what one member terms BGPSI (Bug Guts Per Square Inch), but also will reduce chipped paint from flying gravel. During installation, I noticed that's where most little stones seem to impact. I dabbed a little OEM touch-up paint first, but then the shield pretty much protects the area.

Stands out boldly on the Taffeta White :18:,
but also blends in suavely on the Nighthawk Black Pearl :31:.

Thanks man! Sorry I've been really busy lately. To answer your questions...
1. I never installed those rubber bump ons because the deflector was pretty sturdy and it did not seem to hit/touch anything underneath.

2.I am aware that I can just take that AVS logo out and thank you for the tip but I chose to just keep it there. It doesn't really look too bad anyways. :29:

Do bug deflectors really work? Are they supposed to keep bugs from hitting your wind shield?
There will always be bugs that will hit the windshield no matter what. I, for one thing bought the deflector for aesthetic purposes :D but I saw a slight improvement of splatters on my windshield.

This is strictly a SWAG https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_Wild-Ass_Guess, but BGPSI appears significantly reduced.
:31:

Busa,
Where did you find the cross bars? Are those Honda OEMs or after-market?

Thanks in advance!
-Brad
They were aftermarket ones and I really dont remember the brand. They were cheap ones and I had to do some minor adjustments. I think I paid $80 for them.

Just scored some 2006-2008 crossbars for $50 on Kijiji.ca, Canada's answer to Craigslist but with a tad less prostitution.

Indeed, they were surprisingly more of a PITA to install than one would expect. Glad it's done now, though, and come December I'll be able to drive the Christmas tree home up there.

:15: Not in the same league as some people's elegantly modified rides, but it does add a little more U to the SUV.
Yes sir!!! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kinda new here I mostly just browse, but had to say you Pilot is just about how I want mine to look. Very very nice build:29:
I LOVE the wheel setup and aggressive stance. How's it handle at highway speeds? I do a lot of highway driving and was wondering if this setup would be decent for high speed travel.
I have the same deflector and love it. I didnt use the clear sticky's either since this thing has a decent gap between it and the hood.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts