Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing my recently purchased pilot. This thread will help me keep track of my mods and maintenance done to it. Hoping to learn more from all the good members here about this car.

Bought it December 24, 2014 to be used as our utility car since our family is growing. I thought that I was just going to keep it stock and clean, but after looking around, well..... The modding begins!

Maintenance since purchase:
-Oil changed to full synthetic oil
-Radiator coolant flush
-transmission and differential fluids

Had the car fully detailed:

Purchased procomp xtreme rock crawler wheels and AT2 grabber tires from summit racing. Specs are 255/70/16 - 16x8.0 et -6. They should arrive in 2 weeks time.

Got some new headlight assembly:

New fog lights:

Tutco Window Rain guards:

Cross rails:

Front lower Trim Nose:

Hood bug deflector:

I'll take actual photos when all the parts start coming in, as well as installed photos. Stay tuned! :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have an 06 too but mine is red. Will be watching the mods you will be doing. Might consider some of the mods for mine as well.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wheels look like they are offset! Do you plan on taking it off-road a lot?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This looks great. Would like to see more photos please
thanks! Will take better photos once they are all on the car. I removed them since the front wheel is hitting the caliper. Needed to purchase 10mm spacers to clear them.

Wheels look like they are offset! Do you plan on taking it off-road a lot?
not really but we always get huge amounts of snow here and I plan to use this car for that. Plus, I also like that look! :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Nice,Very Nice:31:

Epoxy floor looks killer.

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with that snow. Looks like a lot!:eek:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Great looking bug shield. Best looking one I think I have seen for the Pilot.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Purchased procomp xtreme rock crawler wheels and AT2 grabber tires from summit racing. Specs are 255/70/16 - 16x8.0 et -6.
How did you determine that those particular tires - and wider tires, for that matter - would be the optimum choice for use in snow?
Did you make any changes to the suspension and brakes to compensate for the added weight of the new tires and wheels?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice,Very Nice:31:

Epoxy floor looks killer.

I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with that snow. Looks like a lot!:eek:
thanks man!

Here's a few photos of the whole garage when it's clean.

Great looking bug shield. Best looking one I think I have seen for the Pilot.
I agree! Thanks!

How did you determine that those particular tires - and wider tires, for that matter - would be the optimum choice for use in snow?
Did you make any changes to the suspension and brakes to compensate for the added weight of the new tires and wheels?
I looked at reviews for the AT2 grabbers and they have a better rating 4/5 vs the west lake (SU307) cheap tires which has a 2/5 rating that the pilot has on right now which has been quite slippery. Like what I said, I just bought the car as a utility car and it is our 4th car which stays outside the garage. The old owner did an okay job taking care of it but I just wanted to play with the car a little. In regards to the wheel and tire size, look it up here on the forum and one member has done this exact specs (16x8.0 et0) but with 235/70/16 tires which he never had issues with. This Pilot will just be driven around town and will not be used too much. I dont know man but so far, looking around and looking for a great off road suspension upgrade for this car is hard to find since the body style was only for 2 years. Maybe if you know a certain set of good suspension, please point me to the right direction. I am aware that the wheels will put stress to the transmission, suspension, etc. and that it most probably might cause vibrations but at least let me try it first. If something breaks, I'll be sure to report it to you guys here. I love doing things and learning from it. That's the reason why I am keeping the old wheel and tire set just in case I need them for something like state inspection, or long drives if I even use this car for that.
:)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
How about some nice colorful car art to break up the monochromatic scheme.:29:

Definitely looks like a nice place to work and very organized. Keep having fun in your Garage.:31:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How about some nice colorful car art to break up the monochromatic scheme.:29:

Definitely looks like a nice place to work and very organized. Keep having fun in your Garage.:31:
I plan to add some this coming summer. :) thank you!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Here's my old 1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 250k with just a little bit of offset. Built this with a lot of help from some great friends.
Here's the new owner taking it out on the trail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's my old 1991 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 250k with just a little bit of offset. Built this with a lot of help from some great friends.
Here's the new owner taking it out on the trail.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Damn, awesome garage. So Jealous. Although I don't think I would want to put that much money in my garage either. Looks great though. You have some clean rides in there.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts