Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 pilot with 184k miles on it.
Recently I started getting a burning rubber smell while driving.
I thought it may be a hose that had come loose. So, while in the garage I started it up and let the engine warm up to operating temperature. No burning smell.
I drove around the block a few times and the burning smell came back. I drove back to the garage and the smell started to disappear after a while.
I dont see any smoke, I dont see anything leaking, I checked my transmission fluid and although it's not fresh fluid, it doesnt appear dark, nor gritty, nor does it smell burnt. I checked my tires and I dont see anything rubbing ( I didnt take the tires off), and I didnt see any smoke from the tires.
I'm at a loss to figure out what to do and what to check.
Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are there any sounds associated with the burning smell?
Have you checked the tension of the accessory belt?
Can you safely pull over to the side of the road, to look under the hood, instead of waiting to return to your garage?
Do the rims feel abnormally warm?
There doesnt seem to be any unusual noise associated with it. No whining, squealing, no rattling, nothing.
I thought it may be a pulley but the smell dissipates after a while once I stop. I didn't check to see if the rims were warm. I will check that tomorrow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.