Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came out and found several scratches on the corner of the rear bumper. They are 2-3 inches long and horizontal - like someone scraped a post or a wall. Can anyone tell me if you can touch these up with paint?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,580 Posts
Touch up may not be necessary. Make sure the mark on your bumper isn't paint from the wall.

I've had this type of mark on my bumper and side mirror before. It buffs off and leaves a relatively unnoticable scuff mark or nothing at all. Hope that's all it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tim.s said:
Touch up may not be necessary. Make sure the mark on your bumper isn't paint from the wall.

I've had this type of mark on my bumper and side mirror before. It buffs off and leaves a relatively unnoticable scuff mark or nothing at all. Hope that's all it is.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Mkell said:
I came out and found several scratches on the corner of the rear bumper. They are 2-3 inches long and horizontal - like someone scraped a post or a wall. Can anyone tell me if you can touch these up with paint?

Thanks!
I found a couple too - and after only a week or so after delivery! They appear to be from othe drivers being abusive getting in or out of parking spots. Mine are small, but did NOT buff off, so I'l have to touch up with paint.


Manufacturers note: Please mold plastic bumper parts out of material in the same color as the finish. That way bumpers will not show the inevitable scratches!!
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Bumper Scrapes

I had the misfortune of smacking a Celica; he pulled in behind me at a gas station while I was trying to back up. My car is ok, but his is not so good. I only have some relatively minor scratches on the gray lower bumper piece. I haven't decided yet if I am going to replace it. Anybody happen to know the approx. cost to replace it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
Re: Bumper Scrapes

hamms1970 said:
I had the misfortune of smacking a Celica; he pulled in behind me at a gas station while I was trying to back up. My car is ok, but his is not so good. I only have some relatively minor scratches on the gray lower bumper piece. I haven't decided yet if I am going to replace it. Anybody happen to know the approx. cost to replace it?
If it's just a repaint, probably $250-300. If the bumper cover needs to be replaced, maybe $600-800. I'm not a body shop guy, but had been averaging getting rear-ended once every 21 months (knock on wood), and have a couple of friends who recently had work done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Ok thanks

Re: Bumper Scrapes

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by hamms1970
I had the misfortune of smacking a Celica; he pulled in behind me at a gas station while I was trying to back up. My car is ok, but his is not so good. I only have some relatively minor scratches on the gray lower bumper piece. I haven't decided yet if I am going to replace it. Anybody happen to know the approx. cost to replace it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If it's just a repaint, probably $250-300. If the bumper cover needs to be replaced, maybe $600-800. I'm not a body shop guy, but had been averaging getting rear-ended once every 21 months (knock on wood), and have a couple of friends who recently had work done.


__________________
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top