Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I was able to find a link someone posted with the page from the service manual about removing the headlight assembly (I'm having issues with the 194 parking lights) but it mentions pulling the bumper which I have not done on the Pilot.

If someone has the time/book/etc can you send over some info about removing the bumper from a 2006 Pilot?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genius... sadly this early in the morning I am so trapped screaming inside the box it isn't funny!

Thanks for the direction there rocky :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
What kind of issues are you having with the parking lights that requires removal of the front bumper cover and the headlight assembly?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spent about 30 mins trying to get the light out of the amber housing (outside bulbs) and for the life of me it was just not coming out. 1/4 turn counter clockwise and pull and nothing. The bulb housing gets loose, but it won't come out. I even pulled the connector off so I could rotate the bulb but still it wasn't coming out. I have a horrible time getting my hand in that tight spot to rotate the bulb, so my next attempt is going to be pulling the entire assembly out so I can have better access to the bulb.

·
Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
After turning it, push it inwards towards the front of the car. That might be the truck.

(FWIW, the first time I replaced a headlight bulb on a Volvo XC it took me two beers, lots of sweat and about an hour. Honda two mins)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 06 Pilot exl and the outside bulb is a beast to get out, and if you do not make sure that it is securely screwed back in later on you might get water in the light when you go through a brushless carwash. I have found that if you first disconnect the wiring from it and then GENTLY use pliers for better hold then the bulb housing will come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts