Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, here in the north woods it is pitch black at night. Deer are a real problem. I have some alpena bumper lights i would like to wire to the high beams, so i dont have to use a seperate switch to turn them on. Just want to click the highbeams and have all four lights come on. Thanks

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,336 Posts
Mount lights, add a relay with fuse taking power directly from the battery.
then connect the relays “trigger” wire properly to the high beam wire.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
You could, but I wouldn't for a few reasons. First many states have laws limiting the number of headlights to 4 maximum for on road use. Most also have minimum and maximum height regulations as well. If you have OEM fog lights on your Pilot you will notice that when the low beams are on you can turn on the fog lights. If you click the high beams on the fog lights turn off.

Second, depending on the year of your vehicle the CANBUS or the PCM may read too much voltage being called for and pop up an error.

There may well be times that you won't want both the high beams and the bumper lights on at the same time. If you have them all on one switch you have no choice.

Something like this makes for a neat installation.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
So i could. All your reasons dont apply to me. Already have a switch and i hate it. I was asking for help. Thank you for not doing that.
You've gotten some great information and practical reasons why a switch to control auxiliary lights has merit. My local DMV would frown upon high beams plus bumper lights. What you're planning to do is easy and can be done just don't blow a fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.