Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add rear bumper guard for 2017 AWD Touring, preferably powder black, and something for the front like a bull, but do those things interfere with the parking sensors and/or LKAS/CMBS/ACC?

What do people use here to avoid nicks from parallel parking in the city? Not a fan of the rubber mats that flow out of the trunk because they don't cover the corners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi AC88636, I recently had this same thought... did you ever find one? I am currently looking and I am not having any luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bump on this topic.

I just spoke to someone at Vanguard Off Road and they said the bars will interfere with the parking sensors and the hands free tailgate. They didn't even try to convince me to purchase the bar that potentially would work so I guess they're right. Nice that they were honest. I have a 2021 SE.

Guess no bumper bar for the Pilot.
Unless I add the trailer hitch and a guard on that but I'm sure the sensors would go nuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply and the follow through!

Well that sucks but it was worth a try. I was thinking if it would be worth while to look into having something custom made but if Vanguard Off Road won't even suggest some that "might work" then what chances do I have to come up with something that would.

I guess is time to move on from this thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was thinking about the curt trailer hitch and a hitch guard but I see the same issues with the regular Vanguard bars...

Maybe I'll give it a try since I can return it at autozone/home depot .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts