Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the rare case, like today - I rode in the front passenger seat. Has anyone noticed if you slouch, there is a bump in the seat that hits you in the butt! I think it is a weight sensor for the airbags that is unique to that seat. Do not think I am too over weight, butt I sure notice it is there. Makes you sit up straight!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny, I perpetually slouch when playing the passenger and I never noticed that before.

·
Registered
919 Posts
My wife hasn't said anything and she does slouch and relax on some of the longer drives.

Maybe it's a "grandmother design feature" so she doesn't have to keep telling us to sit up straight. Just a thought.

Chris

·
Registered
698 Posts
autobahn said:
Has anyone noticed if you slouch, there is a bump in the seat that hits you in the butt!
We just put on 1,700 miles on it and I didn't notice anything. Of course, NOW I'll be checking for it. What part of the seat is in it? Back? Front? Middle?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It could just be your wallet :rolleyes: .

:D

PrG

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PrG said:
It could just be your wallet :rolleyes: .

:D

PrG
No wallet - always stick that in the dash above the "not an ashtray."

It is dead center in the middle of the seat. If you sit up straight, it is right in front of your crotch. If you slouch, you can guess where it hits. Pretty sure it has to be a weight sensor for the air bag.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Puzzling

autobahn said:
It is dead center in the middle of the seat. If you sit up straight, it is right in front of your crotch. If you slouch, you can guess where it hits. Pretty sure it has to be a weight sensor for the air bag.
Hey Autobahn, I went out and tried to duplicate your situation in my Pilot. I don't find anything like that at all.

I would seriously try taking it to the dealer to get their take on it. That's really odd. :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Think I am going to have to do that.

·
Registered
698 Posts
autobahn said:
Thanks. Think I am going to have to do that.
I hope you do. My daughter and I went to the store this evening and I made her "test" it out. She didn't experience it either. I hope that there isn't anything defective here which would cause a problem in an emergency. Especially since you are hitting the autobahns at 100 mph.

·
Registered
900 Posts
No bump here. I sat there most of yesterday and today, and tried to find the bump, but didn't fine one in our Pilot, in the front passenger seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts