Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a 08 with the climate lights burnt out. I'm looking into doing a swap but I would like to replace with colored bulbs. Honda is stingy with these bulb numbers! Anyone have them or tried changing out theirs? Ive seen 4.7 but not sure of the other one. Also looking for bulb numbers on the guage cluster. Really don't want to take it apart without these lights. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Happy reading. They've got to be in there somewhere, along with a lot of handy advice.

Climate control button lights

If you succeed, post pics of your colored lights. :) Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Hey all. I have a 08 with the climate lights burnt out. I'm looking into doing a swap but I would like to replace with colored bulbs. Honda is stingy with these bulb numbers! Anyone have them or tried changing out theirs? Ive seen 4.7 but not sure of the other one. Also looking for bulb numbers on the guage cluster. Really don't want to take it apart without these lights. Thanks in advance!
One member did an extensive update recently on the audio, camera, interior lights, dash lights etc. that you can review and try to reach out. @cloudasc has a big thread on his adventure and changes the bulbs in question.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
As for the Part Number with Honda (if you want to spend $4-6+/bulb) is: 79670-S9V-A01
Been there, done that. And installed them right there in the dealer's parking lot a few winters ago. OCD is a terrible thing to waste. :)

But now, for daughter's Pilot, I got her the Memotronics 7219 Bulbs. Not only is it what I should have done myself originally, but it will be a good little hands-on electrical engineering project. A practical change for her from the bazillion formulas she's been studying for her finals this semester.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't mind the added brightness they would cause, you can get various LED colors for the climate control from SuperBrightLed's. The NEO3-HP, they come in Red/Amber/Green/Blue, or three different "whites" from cool, natural, warm.

If you simply want to replace with factory bulbs so they aren't potentially so bright they hurt your night vision (like me), then try these Memotronics 7219 Bulbs.

As for the Part Number with Honda (if you want to spend $4-6+/bulb) is: 79670-S9V-A01
Oh my goodness thank you so much! I'm trying to switch out all my Interior center console and guage cluster lights. I've been spoiled with all the red in my Audi's. And I'm trying to bring that quality to my Pilots interior. Plus its soft on my eyes so that's a plus. I drive in some not so lit areas so its just a nice factor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't mind the added brightness they would cause, you can get various LED colors for the climate control from SuperBrightLed's. The NEO3-HP, they come in Red/Amber/Green/Blue, or three different "whites" from cool, natural, warm.

If you simply want to replace with factory bulbs so they aren't potentially so bright they hurt your night vision (like me), then try these Memotronics 7219 Bulbs.

LOVE the super bright link. I'm guessing I should get 6 of the small ones and 3 of the next size up? Im hoping to do my cluster also but that looks a lot easier to take out and find the bulb sizes. Ill be swapping out my useless radio soon-whole left side speakers quit on me haha. Figured while I was in there I could do myself a solid and change out all the console lights. Seemed well timed. Aside from mirror bulbs ive done a full interior LED conversion. The lights are amazing and the light is so much better. I'll be using red in my climate area. Looking to use it everywhere i can my Audi has spoiled me.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
For the climate control on your 08 only need six of those neo3 wedges. Can't comment on the rest of the cluster.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I should edit my order haha got 6 small and 3 the next up. If anything I'll strip the bulb from them and use in something else haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts