Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when I made up my mind to try Zaino - The power buy is gone! :mad:

Anyway, I go home from work about 7 pm when the bugs are out. I keep getting bugs stuck to the windshield and they won't clear off with the normal spray. :(

I have heard good things about RainX on windshields. Would this help the bugs not stick?

(Pilot, Sept 2002, Still waiting! :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Paint in wells?

OK, So I'm new to smileys and went overkill!

Anyway, another question. I had to drive through some spilled fresh paint. It seems to be off the paint, but there is some dried paint in the wheel wells. How can I remove the dried paint from the wells and tires?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Rain-X

I just started using Rain-X and am really pleased with the results when it comes to sheeting water off the windshield. I love getting up to highway speeds and seeing the water just fly off the windshield! I'm anxious to see how it performs in the winter with some snow. Its definitely worth the extra effort to apply.

However, I didn't really notice any improvement when it comes to bugs. We took a trip down I-81 and I-78 a couple weekends ago, and I think there were as many bugs on the windshield as usual.

By the way, I tried the Castrol windshield treatment in the purple bottle, and was really disappointed. I don't think it made any noticeable difference. On the other hand, the Rain-X was very obvious. Anyone want a half a trial-sized bottle of the Castrol stuff to try?

For those of you who use Rain-X, which kind to you use? I've seen sprays, wipes, and all kind of other applications. I've also noticed washer fluid and washer additive. Just curious if anyone has better results with one over another, or if one's easier to apply and remove than another...

Thanks!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Paint and the X

I would try this on a small spot first but if you can't get it off with anything else and it is only on the plastic I would try some Goof-Off. It is killer are removing paint from so many surfaces it isn't funny.

As far as Rain-X goes I had the best luck with the original. I had the wipes once but it seemed you still needed to add more sooner. The wiper fluid additive seemed to help it last longer but by itself wasn't too impressive. While I still collect bugs I did notice they seem to wash off easier when the windshield has a good coat of Rain-X on it. I have the inside Anti-Fog as well but with the A/C in these vehicles haven't needed to try it. Maybe I'll slap some on the rear window or rear sides if it needs it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I used Z5+ZFX on the windshiled, then, took a long trip to Upstate NY. When got back, had collected lots of bug on the windshield. Just sprayed Z6 and wiped off. They came very easily, even after 8-10 hr wait.

KE

·
Registered
152 Posts
How about a wax or polish on the windshield???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paint on wheels

I know that if you have unwanted paint on your vehicle, the recommendation is to clay the offending paint off. Apparently claying is the way that auto body shops remove paint overspray. I think that this would work on the wheels but not sure about the tires.

Mike R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts