Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Pilot from having the auto mirror put on and my additional backup sensor (older post) I took a look at it and the extra 2 sensors do not take anything away, but when I looked at the center sensors I noticed that the outer rubber piece was not on one and torn on the other. I called the service manger back to the car and he was pissed.

He put a note on the order that said, "do this right, this guy has been understanding" After looking at it we noticed that it seems as if when they gave me my free detail that the buffer did the damage.

So be careful if you have the backup sensors installed and you use a buffer.

So he said to bring it back in next week and they will fix it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
puccetti said:
I just picked up my Pilot from having the auto mirror put on and my additional backup sensor (older post) I took a look at it and the extra 2 sensors do not take anything away, but when I looked at the center sensors I noticed that the outer rubber piece was not on one and torn on the other. I called the service manger back to the car and he was pissed.

He put a note on the order that said, "do this right, this guy has been understanding" After looking at it we noticed that it seems as if when they gave me my free detail that the buffer did the damage.

So be careful if you have the backup sensors installed and you use a buffer.

So he said to bring it back in next week and they will fix it.
Hmmm... I'm having my back-up sensors installed today. What should I be looking for? Rubber pieces around the sensors themselves? I shoulda proabaly waited to respond to this until after I picker her up today...not even sure what they should look like or even where they'll be.
Thanks for the post though...I'll be sure to check it out!:29:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you will see them, they are only on the 2 center sensors.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
puccetti said:
you will see them, they are only on the 2 center sensors.
OK - thanks! What is Stargard in your signature?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is another chip lock-out key. The Pilot will not start unless this extra plastic key is inserted on the lower part of the dash.

Stargard was a dealer add-on that I did not want. I had them take it off the price when I bought the car. When I went to pick it up it was installed along with the wheel locks. The sales guy said that it looks like I got them for free. It is kind of a pain. I still would not have put it on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts