Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to dress up my dash with a trim set. I've seen a few on ebay and wanted to know if anyone has purchased this and installed it. If so, are you happy with it?

Silver EXL w/ Grey Leather

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got mine from this site for $150.00 www.bodydash.com

:cool: 2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do you have any photos of the interior? Did you get the wood or the aluminum?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Scoobs

I appreciate the pics. It looks like you went with th wood trim. I'll continue to look for pics that have the aluminum trim inside.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Apprentice, if you find those pics of the aluminum please send them to me as well. I think it would really complement the aluminum already in the interior. I definitely want to see it before I buy it though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ask for a sample

Most of these companies will send you a sample of the material if you call and ask them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Thanks Scoobs

Apprentice said:
I appreciate the pics. It looks like you went with th wood trim. I'll continue to look for pics that have the aluminum trim inside.
Hey Apprentice, if you find any brushed aluminum pics please post. I'm interested in seeing what the brushed aluminum dash looks like too. I would like something that matches the gray trim on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Re: Thanks Scoobs

Apprentice said:
Actually I still have the stock trim. I just knew where to find pictures from people who have installed the wood kits. I can't remember seeing any posting of pictures with aluminum or other texture kits.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Re: Thanks Scoobs

Rainbowslim said:
Hey Apprentice, if you find any brushed aluminum pics please post. I'm interested in seeing what the brushed aluminum dash looks like too. I would like something that matches the gray trim on the steering wheel.
It's funny that I found this thread today. Last night I was wishing the trim around the radio matched the steering wheel and the sides of the console.
Maybe if we get enough of a demand going, an aftermarket manufacturer will make the gray or brushed aluminum trim for us.:D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just checked www.bodydash.com and they do have brushed aluminum and many other colors for Pilots. Price looks good too, I just requested samples from them. I think this is where haknuman59 got his from a previous post. I just wonder how difficult it is to install?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do make it. I've seen them for sale on ebay. I just wanted to see a picture of it before I purchased it and installed it. I want to make the inside look sophisticated not like a 17 year old kid owns it...

·
Registered
194 Posts
I helped my dad install a dash-kit on his G35. It just takes patients and about 2 hours. If you have a hair dryer or a heat gun it helps also.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Let us know if the aluminum or the brush aluminum matches the exiting trim in the Pilot.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Didn't stick very well.....

:mad: I installed mine, today. couples of pieces didn't stick very well. Contact the company couple of minutes ago, hopefully they respond and make any replacement for that couple of pieces. Looks like the sticker didn't stick very well to the plastic on the Pilot.

:cool: 2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare

1 - 20 of 41 Posts