• Yes, mine broke too

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many other Pilots may have this minor issue. I'm taking my Pilot in to have my rear vents (in the console)replaced. A few of the louvers have collapsed after 2 weeks of normal use.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I thought my seven year old broke mine. Thought it was kind of odd. I'll call the dlr on Monday.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a thread under problems about this, and most people had them replaced completely...I'm going to demand replacement, not a band aid fix. I too thought my kids did it, but they can't get their feet near it. I plan on taking my Pilot in for every little thing...just so they're aware of the problems. I have a push light lens that stays pushed in...and has since delivery...I'll have them replace that too.
I know, dumb little things- but hey I'm warranteed :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, it is a common known problem.

I guess most owners had THEM broken.
My passenger rear broken on the spot of delivery, the saleman forced it back and said ok.

Then kids just knocked off easily. So when time for 1st oil change, I leave them (both) as boken. They replaced both, but had to wait for parts from Japan at that time Oct 2002.

New replace one is more solid. It has not broken so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bad Placement of the rear vent louvers

The rear vent louvers were badly placed in the vehicle. What a super annoying thing... they keep breaking or getting mis-aligned. You fix them, they get hit again & the louvers are mis-aligned again.

I went to Curtiss-Ryan Honda in CT and they want a Durable Power of Attorney plus 30% of my wages for the next 4 years before they'll replace the damn things for free... (also they want my blood type)

I talked to Friendly Honda in Pougkeepsie, NY and they shipped me replacements for free. I just need to ship back to them the damaged ones. :3: (This is me when I'm in a good mood)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004 fix?

Will it be possible that when the 2004 Pilots are in, that they may change the design and we can get the new style? I don't know how warrantees work, but they may save $ taking care of us once and for all.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine have popped out too.
I put them back in. The insert tabs are way too short.
My question is, are the replacements any better?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I didn't have them per se break but in cold weather they are quite loose. The front ones tend to flop to one side or the other in the cold of winter or from the AC in summer. When warm they are fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We took a pilot from our local dealer for a overnight test drive and went out with some friends. Their two year old was in a carseat in the middle. After he kicked the console I noticed that every single one of the air deflectors on both vents was knocked loose. :eek:

I am disapointed to hear that this is a wide spread problem

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan to take my Pilot back in and "waste" their time fixing my vents as many times as they break...just so they know what a problem they have with them. I'm sure they'll notice with as many of them broken as there are out there if you bring them back in. At least you now know that you shouldn't feel bad about the broken vents in the dealer's car :) I'm hoping they change the design and replace them for us with those in the future.

·
Registered
143 Posts
BillR said:
Mine have popped out too.
I put them back in. The insert tabs are way too short.
My question is, are the replacements any better?
My 6 and 3 year olds are always knocking them loose. I am meaning to have them replaced under warranty..... As per above, has anyone had them replaced and are they better now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts