Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Pilot, EXL. My f’n (sorry) tensior bolt broke again. This time, I can’t get it out of the hole. I can’t find a good diagram, but does the bolt go into the block or into a bracket?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,256 Posts
Maybe something in these diagrams can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I was meaning the serpentine belt tensioner bolt. From what I can tell, i have to remove the Alternator and A/C compressor to get to the bracket.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,256 Posts
Gotcha. Honda calls it the drive belt. Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
IIRC it goes into the bracket that mounts the A/C compressor and alternator.

I had to remove that infernal thing to drill and EZ out a couple of snapped off bolts. The easiest way I found was to drop it out the bottom.

Remove the plastic splash shields, loosen the brace between the frame and front - I took the 2 front bolts out, loosened the rear and swung it out of the way - and hope the 4 compressor mounting bolts don’t snap off! 🤬🤬

The alternator can be hung from it’s top bolt, just loosen that one. Remove the long-winded bolt that secures the bottom of the alternator. Then it’s just the 4 bolts holding the bracket to the engine block. Should drop out the bottom.

Please note that this is the way I remember doing it, your results may vary.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting the AC bracket off the car this weekend. I could not get the broken bolt out though. I broke a few extractors in the bolt and gave up. I ordered a replacement bracket and it will be here today. What a pain!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I ended up getting the AC bracket off the car this weekend. I could not get the broken bolt out though. I broke a few extractors in the bolt and gave up. I ordered a replacement bracket and it will be here today. What a pain!
Like you I spent several days trying to drill out a broken M10 motor mount bolt but I haven't given up yet. It was tough to drill through an inch of broken bolt+ drill bit pieces but I'm getting close. Simply replacing the part is an option but I didn't want to risk another broken bolt while removing the part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts