Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. As you're getting out of the passenger side of the Pilot (or the driver's side for that matter), there is a long gray (or some other color) plastic piece with dime-sized dots on it. It's just like a plastic piece that your feet probably step on each and every time you get in or out of the vehicle. Has anyone's popped off? Mine did! Granted, I popped it right back on, but I wonder if it's gonna keep popping off? It snapped back on, but not with much of a loud snap. It may be cuz I had some repair done recently from an accident (yes, it broke my heart) and perhaps the body shop did not get it back on all the way, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this piece break off, or should I say, fall off.

By the way, my wife and I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. We have had it six months and have around 5,500 miles on it. No problems yet except for the rear A/C vent breaking, which I have read in many other posts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Larry said:
Hey folks. As you're getting out of the passenger side of the Pilot (or the driver's side for that matter), there is a long gray (or some other color) plastic piece with dime-sized dots on it. It's just like a plastic piece that your feet probably step on each and every time you get in or out of the vehicle. Has anyone's popped off? Mine did! Granted, I popped it right back on, but I wonder if it's gonna keep popping off? It snapped back on, but not with much of a loud snap. It may be cuz I had some repair done recently from an accident (yes, it broke my heart) and perhaps the body shop did not get it back on all the way, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this piece break off, or should I say, fall off.

By the way, my wife and I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. We have had it six months and have around 5,500 miles on it. No problems yet except for the rear A/C vent breaking, which I have read in many other posts.
If I remembered correctly, I did remove this plate before when I install the fog light by myself. It wasn't a big effect to pop this think off. The snap on is an easy one too. After that, it never moves a bit. Don't know if this will comfort you a little bit or not.

:)

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Larry said:
. . . It may be cuz I had some repair done recently from an accident . . . . .
If it happens again, go back to the body shop, my guess is they broke the clips when they took it off for the repair.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Me three, with the door sill poped off/out

The both sides poped off right after I took the car, went back for repair at the first oil change, they have to order the parts.

Went back 2nd time, the workorder said new parts, but the passenger side still poped out, called them up. Thay said need to drive in to let them look at it.

Has not have that kind of time yet.

So from day one (mid July 2002) till now, I still have lossen trim other than the door sill :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts