Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone (accidentally) shattered my rear windshield/tailgate window on my 2004 Honda Pilot. I'm looking for advice for the best possible way to go about fixing this quickly.
I would like the install to be done correctly without being ripped off (even though its coming out of the other persons pocket). I live in CT.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
Car window chain. It's not that you couldn't find a replacement easily and cheaply enough at a salvage yard, but it does take a certain expertise to install correctly and safely. Even those specialized places don't always do it right, so shop around by local reputation, even though a liftgate window is not as critical as a windshield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How about claiming on your own comp coverage, and letting the other person pick up the deductible. Then go with a real reliable company such as Safelite?

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,568 Posts
Just call one of the I'm sure many glass companies in your area. Don't use your insurance as I'm sure the deductible more than the cost to replace the window.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,313 Posts
If you have no glass coverage (Comprehensive, often with full coverage or just a small deductible, get the insurer involved. Even if not covered, who they use is a good indication of decent job.

Check with the local glass companies directly if uninsured for this type of scenario and price out. I did this to our 2005, with a stone from my lawn tractor but it only shattered into a thousand pieces when I got in and closed the drivers door....

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,193 Posts
I went the easy route, and just replaced the whole tailgate. $140 and I was done. Takes two people though.
Good option if you can color match. Yours match OK?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did just end up going to safelite (its almost finished). I only have liability for insurance... the person responsible already paid me upfront. Seems if there's any issues, they will replace it, no charge... thanks again for input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts