Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pully unit that holds the belts has cracked and broken away from engine ( the aluminum block). Can that be welded back or is it cheaper to just find a used engine??

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The pully unit that holds the belts has cracked and broken away from engine ( the aluminum block). Can that be welded back or is it cheaper to just find a used engine??
The serpentine belt or the timing belt? Which pulley. Belt tensioner? Idler? Is the bolt intact, removeable?

·
Registered
585 Posts
The tensioner bolts to the engine block. If the tensioner broke you can replace it pretty easily. If the engine block itself broke then that would be a much bigger problem, but I have to say - I've NEVER seen or heard of that happening. Do you have any pictures of the issue?

This is an example of a tensioner... less than $100 and not uncommon to replace.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
A photo would be great.
Hopefully a better solution can be found other than engine replacement.

Reactions: briantii

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think I'm just gonna go with a used engine. found a few online. I plan on keeping the truck anyway. Recently did some upgrades to truck. Lift kit, wheels bull bar.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Think I'm just gonna go with a used engine. found a few online. I plan on keeping the truck anyway. Recently did some upgrades to truck. Lift kit, wheels bull bar.
Will, that's cool and all, but it's NOT a truck, well, it's not a pick up truck anyways LOL

Is the engine high mileage, or toast anyways? IMO, awfully quick to throw in the towel.
Is the serpentine belt loose?

You could get a real truck them LOL
Sorry, I can't resist.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I don't know what I'm looking at, does anyone else? The close up view is too close.
I recognize the PS pump pulley ... the other one ... looks like it is of something behind the return hose to the PS pump. I think it's the power steering mounting bracket. It that's what's cracked, it doesn't look like the engine block is damaged.

·
Read Only
293 Posts
What you broke is a mount for the power steering pump. It’s replaceable but it’s going to take some work to get down to it. The intake manifold will need to come off which isn’t hard but takes a little time if it’s your first time. Would only require very basic tools.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts