Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of replacing the wheel bearings on the front right side of my 04 Pilot, I broke the ABS sensor. I've ordered a new one but it won't be here till Monday afternoon. Is it okay to drive the car a few miles to road-test my bearing and brake job, or am I going to get a bunch of errors and strange behavior for driving with a missing ABS sensor? Should I pull the fuse for the ABS system, or just drive it with a missing sensor?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Last year my Pilot had both the VTM+ABS lights on. Had no trouble driving home. Scanned for code(s) the next day and replaced the wheel speed sensor that failed.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,202 Posts
Malfunctioning ABS tends to wreak havoc with other systems that depend on it, like VTM (or VSA in later models), but as long as you understand those systems won't be operational, it should be OK to drive.

Maybe just avoid driving it like you stole it until you get it fixed. :p

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hello there all, the loathsome discontinuous crushing clamor front and ABS cautioning light on was a messed up sensor ring, passanger front wheel. Nearby shop expelled the free, broke ring by severing it without pulling the pivot. Light is presently on full time alongside check motor P1550 code. I have to drive this on the parkway for 600 miles in a couple of days. Will this reason the PC to have any issues? Speed detecting, journey control and so on? I could think less about the ABS however would prefer not to wreck some other control framework by driving without the ABS fixed (I can't manage the cost of it nor do I have the opportunity at this moment). Any guidance or considerations?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,202 Posts
Probably OK so long as you practice safe socioautomotive distancing. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts