Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Elite
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted 3 weeks ago about my 2018 Elite Fuel injectors going out with 65K miles, and my being outta town. (8 hour drive) Never have I have had this many issues on a new Honda. The reason for my post is to share the Honda Corp refunded the price of the injectors $422 of my $953 bill. Even thou there was a service bulletin list on these, they won’t admit to using faulty parts. BTW: the refund was given in a gift cars format only to be used at Honda. It’s a sad day, not sure I’ll ever buy another new Honda.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's messed up. It should be covered under your emissions warranty and therefore should be 100% covered by Honda. Honda f*cked up this one.

·
Registered
2018 Elite
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree... I didn’t mention the drivers front wheel bearing going out at 25K. Over all, I’m just disappointed with the Quality. Ive never purchased the extended warranty on any of the 4 new Honda’s I’ve bought, never needed them. Wish I would have on this Pilot!

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
BTW: the refund was given in a gift cars format only to be used at Honda. It’s a sad day, not sure I’ll ever buy another new Honda.
A Honda gift card, to buy products and services that are marked up 100%. I'm just... speechless.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I posted 3 weeks ago about my 2018 Elite Fuel injectors going out with 65K miles, and my being outta town. (8 hour drive) Never have I have had this many issues on a new Honda. The reason for my post is to share the Honda Corp refunded the price of the injectors $422 of my $953 bill. Even thou there was a service bulletin list on these, they won’t admit to using faulty parts. BTW: the refund was given in a gift cars format only to be used at Honda. It’s a sad day, not sure I’ll ever buy another new Honda.
I thought I saw a post saying that American Honda extended the coverage of this exzct item for 10 years. Do a search, there was a photo/scan of the notice. Get all of your money back for Christmas.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:cautious:😠 Honda quality coupled with dealer denials turned me away from them for good. I also had extended warranties for all my Honda vehicles. More salt in the wound. Ouch!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I thought I saw a post saying that American Honda extended the coverage of this exzct item for 10 years. Do a search, there was a photo/scan of the notice. Get all of your money back for Christmas.
Unfortunately, that warranty extension only covered 2016 model year.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Unfortunately, that warranty extension only covered 2016 model year.
Oops, I missed that part. Honda should provide the same to all Pilots though, I believe they all pretty much using the same parts, maybe some small improvements on the later ones.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
IIRC,
they moved the injector to inside the combustion chamber, rather than above the valves on the Gen. 3's?

I've never heard of injectors causing an un rideable break down.
But then again, I learn LOTS of new things about lots of things every day.

Most of you forgot more than I ever knew! LOL

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thats only on the 2016 so far. OP has a 2018. Hopefully they will announce soon for the 2017-2019.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats only on the 2016 so far. OP has a 2018. Hopefully they will announce soon for the 2017-2019.
I am also hoping for this to happen soon. I do like my 2017 Exl. Drives well, roomy, etc. But if Honda does not come clean on the injector defect. I'll trade mine in for a Highlander or 4Runner soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TSB 20-100 covers the extended coverage

1 - 13 of 13 Posts