Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the brochure on the page opposite of the Navigation system, the far left picture shows an EX interior. The radio with cassette and CD is where the NAV would be, then underneath are the vents, then the heater/AC control, then another CD player, than the ashtray. Is this picture misleading? I doubt ours will have a 2nd CD player and I thought the ashtray and lighter socket were additional accessories. What am I to expect with an EX cloth?:confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
My EX definitely does NOT have a 2nd CD player. The "ashtray" and socket are not extra accessories, but if you want an actual WORKING ashtray with a cigarette lighter, that IS extra. The "ashtray" has a sort of felt lining and a sticker that specifically states "This is not an ashtray" or something similar to that. I have been using it as a coin holder :D !! The socket does not come with a cigarette lighter or anything like that. It is just a power point.

Hope that helps!!

Scott

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That works just fine for me. So is there just a larger empty space if the 'faux ashtray' is actually right under the heater controls? And I wonder why there would be 2 CD players in the picture.:8:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the EX-L RES (entertaiment system) the DVD player is located on that particular place. Check the small print, may be they are showing a Pilot with RES.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My Pilot has an open tray or compartment where the optional "extra" CD player is in the brochure. As far as why the brochure shows the extra player, I assume that they are just trying to show as many of the optional accessories as possible to entice people into purchasing them.

Scott

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as why the brochure shows the extra player, I assume that they are just trying to show as many of the optional accessories as possible to entice people into purchasing them.
I bet you're right about that.

I have the EX-L RES (entertaiment system) the DVD player is located on that particular place. Check the small print, may be they are showing a Pilot with RES.
Now here's another question. I'm just curious. Doesn't a DVD insert directly into the RES unit and not into a separate DVD player? That's what the brochure shows. There's a picture of the LCD screen showing a sceen from "The Mummy Returns" and just above is a slot labed DVD or something.

·
Registered
408 Posts
on the screen you only control the system you want to use (the rear passanger can choose from cd, cassette, dvd, radio FM or AM) the DVD has to be inserted on the front console.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The DVD player for the RES is in the dash. This is what you saw in the brochure. When you have the RES the dash "line-up" looks like this (from top to bottom) : Radio, vents, AC, DVD, not an ashtray.

The electronics above the display in the second row is just a display with controls, no slot.

Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
NHPilot said:
Looking at the brochure on the page opposite of the Navigation system, the far left picture shows an EX interior. The radio with cassette and CD is where the NAV would be, then underneath are the vents, then the heater/AC control, then another CD player, than the ashtray. Is this picture misleading? I doubt ours will have a 2nd CD player and I thought the ashtray and lighter socket were additional accessories. What am I to expect with an EX cloth?:confused:
I just looked at my brochure, and they are showing the version that has RES. That is the CD at the top, and DVD at the bottom. I am guessing yours will look like the one on page 10, but thats just a guess.

Also, what looks like where the DVD goes in on the picture of the screen showing Mummy is the infra-red control for the remote control.

·
Registered
123 Posts
NHPilot said:
Thanks. That works just fine for me. So is there just a larger empty space if the 'faux ashtray' is actually right under the heater controls? And I wonder why there would be 2 CD players in the picture.:8:
Yes, your empty space below the "not an ashtray" will be slightly larger, and if the other posts havn't cleared it up yet, the unit at the bottom that looks like a CD player is actually the DVD player.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Here is a pic of the "afterthought" factory DVD head unit from 4hondaparts.com

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts