Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi pilot owners
this is my 1st honda. :) just got it 2 weeks ago (260 miles and going) . i have a question about pilot's break. I can hear "dot..dot.." noise when i step lightly on the break to slow down. and it goes away when i press break fully. it felt like car is doing pulse breaking or something like that.. Not very loud but annoying.. Again. it's only do that when i try to slow down by depressing the break slightly. (ex. 40s mph to 20s mph). Is this normal with pilot's break or its just me :)?
thanks for all info.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I sometimes notice, during very normal braking, what feels/sounds like the ABS actuating. It's so slight, that if it doesn't get any worse, I won't complain about it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wonder if its caused by a slight build up of rust on the rotors, if so, this should go away for you soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for all ur inputs.. i guess i just have to live with it , unless it gets louder later on..

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hear this sound all the time. Now that you mention it, I do remember that it is mostly in the mornings. At the same time I know for sure it's not ABS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts