Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I have a 2013 Honda pilot ex-l.
The break lights are not working.
All other lights are good.
The break light on the back door lift is fine.
I wanted to start with the fuse and according to the manual there should be a rear aux, fuse box in the rear left of the pilot. There is a opening for it but there is no fuse panel or box.
Some of the threads indicated a fuse under the dash on the drivers side. But no one mentioned which one 馃.
Thanks for the advice in advance...

Registered
Hi Kulpreet, and welcome to Piloteers.

The rear fuse panel is included in cars with the factory trailer-tow lighting option. That option is standard on the Touring but hit or miss on the other trim level cars. It's only for trailer lights, so would not affect the brake lights on the car anyway.

Brake light circuits are protected by a 20A fuse in position 11 in the under-hood auxiliary fuse box. No other fuses protect that circuit. The fuse also protects the circuit to the horns.

The main underhood fuse box is towards the passenger side. The Aux underhood fuse box is the one closer to the battery with the more rectangular cover. Should be easy to find.

Good luck with your quest, and let us know how well we did.

dr bob

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kulpreet, and welcome to Piloteers.

The rear fuse panel is included in cars with the factory trailer-tow lighting option. That option is standard on the Touring but hit or miss on the other trim level cars. It's only for trailer lights, so would not affect the brake lights on the car anyway.

Brake light circuits are protected by a 20A fuse in position 11 in the under-hood auxiliary fuse box. No other fuses protect that circuit. The fuse also protects the circuit to the horns.

The main underhood fuse box is towards the passenger side. The Aux underhood fuse box is the one closer to the battery with the more rectangular cover. Should be easy to find.

Good luck with your quest, and let us know how well we did.

dr bob
I think that did the trick. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts