Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had a break in to my Pilot '03 (window smashed, drivers side) and the door was working fine until 2 hours later where it's now stuck and wouldn't open.

I believe it has to do with the latch on the door (maybe some glass pieces).
I took it to the glass repair shop and luckily, he was a BIG guy, he just yanked the door open and it worked. (luckily).

After the glass replacement, I closed the door and now it just won't open up. I've tried pulling and pushing hard enough but it just wouldn't budge.

The next plan is to remove the driver's seat and get the door panel out while the door is still closed. Is this a possible solution? Can anyone give me some tips as to how to get this door opened up? Note: It is not the actuator problem, the door actuator works fine. It is the latch which closes the door that need to be checked out.

How can I get the door panel off the door while the door is still closed? Any guides?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
From what I remember from another post that door panel won’t come off when the door is closed. Your access points will be the master door switch and the inner door handle. Hopefully the rod which connects to the latch release wasn’t connected properly and you can reach in there and give it a yank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts