Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what to do, my dust shield is all rotted out and rubbing against my rotor and I can't find anywhere that offers a replacement w/ out buying whole knuckle.

I tried cutting a piece off but just made the cut end rub now. How important are these things? I'm about to throw on new calipers, rotors and pads.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,241 Posts
Not essential. Just remove it if you don't want to replace it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Get a cheap rivet gun from harbor freight and attach a new piece of sheet metal from a hardware store. Theyre not a big deal if you keep the rubber parts cleaned. The dust can be abrasive

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. It's one of the rears and others seem to be in good shape so I zip tied best I could and suppose will run like this until I notice issues. I do a lot of beach driving and am worried about not having enough protection there.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
It's one of the rears and others seem to be in good shape so I zip tied best I could and suppose will run like this until I notice issues
The rear dust shields on my ‘04 rotted out several years ago. Most of the dust shield fell off but a section remained that rubbed the rotor on sharp turns. Bending the dust shield back a bit helped for awhile until the rest fell off. Didn’t miss them either. I’m sure they served a purpose but the work to replace them might not be worth it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rear dust shields on my ‘04 rotted out several years ago. Most of the dust shield fell off but a section remained that rubbed the rotor on sharp turns. Bending the dust shield back a bit helped for awhile until the rest fell off. Didn’t miss them either. I’m sure they served a purpose but the work to replace them might not be worth it.

Have you noticed any extra brake wear w/ out the shield?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts