Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going? Never knew rhis forum existed but thank god i found it. I have a 2006 honda pilot 2WD. I was driving it one day and noticed the front passenger brake was locked up. It would unlock sometimes untill it finally locked up completly and wouldnt move.
I took it to pepboys and when i arrived i notcied the back driver side was smoking too. Replaced both calipers but it was still stuck. I read the ABS/VSA module have problems on these cars. I bought a used one, installed it but now i have this issue...
When the car is off and I turn it on, when ever i put it in drive or Reverese the brakes are locked up again. But once i force the car about 100feet the brakes release and ir drives fine. What can this be? Any help is needed. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
What mileage?

Check the tightness and clean condition of the battery terminals (seriously) and ground points for corrosion before you do anything else.
Also put the voltmeter to the positive terminal when you start your car and check that you are getting correct voltages before and when the engine is running. Wrong voltages and poor ground can cause unpredictable random issues all across the electronic systems in your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
was the back tire the opposite side? Like passenger front, Driver's back? If so, that is the master cylinder. Happened to my 05. There is a chance it will go away on its own, it did me for over a year or two before it came back and I replaced it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was the back tire the opposite side? Like passenger front, Driver's back? If so, that is the master cylinder. Happened to my 05. There is a chance it will go away on its own, it did me for over a year or two before it came back and I replaced it.
Yeah its passenger front and driver rear that stay stuck for a bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts