Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I just bought Touring AWD 2019 two month ago.

When I start the engine, the brake pedal needs to be pushed, as you know. The problem is the pedal is very very stiff most of the time. Hard to push. Once the engine starts, it becomes soft and there's no problem braking. Right after the engine is turned off, the brake pedal remains soft for about 30 minutes. Yes only 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, it becomes stiff.

I know If the brake pedal is pushed 2-3 times when the engine is off, it becomes stiff because the brake booster loses its vacuum. But the problem is that I didn't push the pedal at all. Only 30 minutes after the engine is turned off, my Pilot's brake pedal becomes stiff (the same stiffness after it is pushed 2-3 times when engine is off).

I researched: this forum, Internet, and Youtube, and found similar problems in Pilot, Ridgeline, Odyssey, etc, but they are saying this (stiff brake pedal) happens in the cold morning, or after some long time (perhaps at least overnight). No one says the brake pedal becomes stiff only after 30 minutes.

I took it to the dealership already and they are saying they found no problem at all.

Any advice? Anyone experiencing the same problem? Any input welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I can't believe this still isn't fixed, I have the cold version of it on my 2016. If it persists, just remote start it as you approach and never look back. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Honda to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe this still isn't fixed, I have the cold version of it on my 2016. If it persists, just remote start it as you approach and never look back. I definitely wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Honda to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for your input. Yes, I remote start and try to forget about it but at least wanted to see if this is normal or not.

·
Registered
76 Posts
What concerns you about the stiff pedal? You might have a small leak in your vacuum lines. Do you notice poor braking performance or anything?

If the only symptom you notice is that stiff pedal, you could try suggesting to the service department that you're concerned there's a vacuum leak and if it gives out while you're driving one day it could cause an accident. Maybe that will motivate them to take you seriously. Good luck and keep us updated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts