Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my honda pilot 2016 touring model is having brake pad wear n tear problem, it lasts only 17k kms and now honda is saying that the front brake pads need to change. This will be my second change of brake pads, the first one lasted 24k kms before honda asked me that brake pads r finished and need to change.
it is very unusual for brake pad to change at 17k kms and the car is still under honda warranty, so it is changed by honda service itself. This time there was alot of noise coming when i turn car steering towards left side and it comes everytime as soon as i tilt steering towards left side.. after giving car at honda service station they told me that it is due to brake pad issue which i really doubt and it need to be replaced.

please tell me what should i do, as i cannot keep on replacing brake pads at this frequency.... plus i drive in city, mostly highways, there is not much brake usage either.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Personally i think they are pulling your leg, i have a 2016 and had a clicking sound on uneven roads and they claimed it was the brakes but because i am a technical guy i called them on it to prove it to me and pointed to them exactly what it was which was the sway bar links were worn out on one side and made them replaced the other side as best practice is to replace both sides.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello, my honda pilot 2016 touring model is having brake pad wear n tear problem, it lasts only 17k kms and now honda is saying that the front brake pads need to change. This will be my second change of brake pads, the first one lasted 24k kms before honda asked me that brake pads r finished and need to change.
it is very unusual for brake pad to change at 17k kms and the car is still under honda warranty, so it is changed by honda service itself. This time there was alot of noise coming when i turn car steering towards left side and it comes everytime as soon as i tilt steering towards left side.. after giving car at honda service station they told me that it is due to brake pad issue which i really doubt and it need to be replaced.

please tell me what should i do, as i cannot keep on replacing brake pads at this frequency.... plus i drive in city, mostly highways, there is not much brake usage either.
That is totally weird and makes no sense. Are there a lot of hills? Do you haul a lot of heavy things or a lot of people? Heck I sit in 95% stop and go traffic here in the bay area for 2 hours.

At this point it might be a caliper sticking. Ask them to replace both front calipers because OEM pads last like over 50k at least...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts