Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Honda Pilot Ex model last week and right away I noticed a problem with the brake. Below is the description of the problem:

While driving (doesn't matter high or low speed), apply the brake to make the car to an almost complete stop (not fully stop). Release the brake and the apply the brake again immediately. On the second brake, I can hear a noise (something like metal bars banging onto each other) and I can feel the vibration coming out from the car floor at the second row on the driver side. I can hear the noise and feel the vibration almost everytime when I do the one brake and then 2 brake test drive. I brought the car back to the Honda service center for check up. A Honda service man and I drove another Honda Pilot at the shop and found out that it also have the same problem. So, they called the center and did some research and concluded that the noise and vibration was caused by the gas tank underneath the second row on the driver side (just like the same problem with Honda Odyssey). The noise and vibration is caused by the gas movement inside the gas tank when applying multiple brakes.

Now, I just want to know if any of you guys experience the same problem with your new Honda Pilot? If so, then I would have to believe what they had told me. I just don't think that it is caused by the gas tank....... Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Noises

There has been many posts from others in this forum regarding gas tank noises. In the search box type in,"gas tank noises" and you'll see what others have said. Using this search box is extremely effective in finding facts, solving prolblems, and starting less threads. I found this out the same way you did and found it helpful being led to use this feature. It's at the top of this page under the lime green text box. Best wishes, enjoy your new Pilot.

Chet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts