Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized I probably posted to the wrong discussion, so here's my situation:

I noticed that my brake lights on my '05 Pilot were stuck on. I found blue plastic crumbles on the floor mat and youtube solved the problem along with an order from Amazon. So this evening I got the new switch bumper part in and the brake lights are working correctly. However, now my cruise control is dead. No light on the master switch, no cruise control symbol on the dashboard and no cruise control function. I don't remember ever seeing the light on the master switch, but I used cruise control all the time, so it was working. I figured the car would prevent cruise from engaging because it thought the brakes were being pressed. Is there a reset of the system/computer of some sort? I doubt this is a coincidental multiple failure.

ETA: I removed the stop light fuse to prevent battery drain for about 8 hours.

·
Registered
2005 Pilot LX
2,633 Posts
You can try clearing any pending codes by removing battery negative for 10 minutes then reconnecting it. Note this will clear any other codes as well.

You might also check the electrical connection at the switch you replaced for corrosion/oxidation and clean if necessary.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can try clearing any pending codes by removing battery negative for 10 minutes then reconnecting it. Note this will clear any other codes as well.

You might also check the electrical connection at the switch you replaced for corrosion/oxidation and clean if necessary.
I finally got the car back out on the road this morning and the cruise control does work. The master switch bulb must be burned out, I don't remember ever seeing it lit. I think I confused the Pilot with my other car that displays a speedometer on the dashboard when the master is on. I got the car up to speed, set the cruise, the indicator on the speedometer lit up and it was functional. Looks like I'm good to go!

Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts