Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brake Lamp Indicator warning light came on yesterday. It came on and flashed intermittently and then finally stayed on. I checked my brake lights, and all of them were working fine. I replaced all the brake light bulbs, and guess what...the warning light stayed on. I have to take it to my dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they will find the short in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
How about your parking brake? It may be depressed slightly to cause the light to come on, but not enough to apply parking brakes.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the Brake Indicator

HiFlyer said:
How about your parking brake? It may be depressed slightly to cause the light to come on, but not enough to apply parking brakes.
I tried that too. It is the Brake Lamp Indicator, not the Brake Indicator. The Brake Lamp Indicator is supposed to come on when a brake bulb is not functioning.

·
Registered
144 Posts
how is the brake fluid. lite comes on if its low.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Not the Brake Indicator

SteveLuman said:

I tried that too. It is the Brake Lamp Indicator, not the Brake Indicator. The Brake Lamp Indicator is supposed to come on when a brake bulb is not functioning.
1) have you futzed with any of the bulbs?
Brighter, LED, different brand, etc?

2) Do you have the tow harness?

3) If so do you have the factory one?

4) Do you have any thing plugged in to the tow harness?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Not the Brake Indicator

N_Jay said:

1) have you futzed with any of the bulbs?
Brighter, LED, different brand, etc?

2) Do you have the tow harness?

3) If so do you have the factory one?

4) Do you have any thing plugged in to the tow harness?
1)I replaced them with OEM bulbs.
2)No tow harness
3)N/A
4)N/A

As I recall, the Brake Indicator light comes on if the brake fluid is low...not the Brake Lamp Indicator.

I dropped the Pilot off at the dealer this morning for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Pilot is fixed.

Honda Service just called and said that they have my Pilot fixed. Supposedly a brake sensor located at the rear of the Pilot was faulty.

Not bad...Dropped the Pilot off at 9:15 a.m. and received a call at 1:42 p.m. explaining it was ready to be picked up.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: My Pilot is fized.

SteveLuman said:
Honda Service just called and said that they have my Pilot fixed. Supposedly a brake switch located at the rear of the Pilot was faulty.
Glad to hear that is was nothing serious..

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Pilot is fixed.

Honda Service just called and said that they have my Pilot fixed. Supposedly a brake sensor located at the rear of the Pilot was faulty.

Not bad...Dropped the Pilot off at 9:15 a.m. and received a call at 1:42 p.m. explaining it was ready to be picked up.
My Pilot is fixed.

How much they charged?

·
Registered
236 Posts
On older model Honda vehicles the brake warning light comes on when the alternator dies. Not sure of the reason behind why they designed it that way, but it has the effect of raising the blood pressure a few notches higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts