Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own Pilot 2006 model, having a couple of issues firstly there seems to be a leakage of power steering fluid..showed it to a mechanic he says there is a leakage on its hose pipe, I feel maybe its the fluid bottle which is leaked. with due respect to mechanics, they always show the big magnitude of the matter so that they can make extra bucks.
Secondly, just a couple of days back its Brake lamp symbol is on, when you start the car it doesn't lit up but as soon as you put your foot on the brake paddle it gets on red.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Have you followed Honda maintenance recommendations for PS, PB as well as the other relevant fluids? Have the mechanic show you the hose leak so arrangements can be made to get that repaired. Have the mechanic inspect the brake system and brake fluid condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, he inspected the vehicle and said its hose pipe is leaking. regarding the brake lamp, I noticed this just the day before yestereday. I just checked that when you step on the brake padel left side brake light is not working.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
An 2006 likely could use new PS hoses. The clamps begin to dig into the dry rotted hose.
Low price replacements on RockAuto.
Verify fitment.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
I noticed this just the day before yestereday. I just checked that when you step on the brake padel left side brake light is not working.
So that light carried out its function correctly. Open the tailgate to remove the two bolts that allow you to gently pull out the housing, then put in a fresh bulb.

As for your PS, are you sure it's not the infamous o-ring? Worth checking and it's a really inexpensive fix if that's it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts