Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just brake not the gas...
I know how to start. I have been Driving Toyota Sienna with push to start since 2011 and it is not rocket science. I guess you did not look at my picture. Most of the time it starts with just brake but some times it shows that picture I have attached Brake + Gass paddle. And I have to depress both at the same time to Start.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I know how to start. I have been Driving Toyota Sienna with push to start since 2011 and it is not rocket science. I guess you did not look at my picture. Most of the time it starts with just brake but some times it shows that picture I have attached Brake + Gass paddle. And I have to depress both at the same time to Start.
Please record your conversation when you go to the dealer about this. I want to see them all fall to the ground laughing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please record your conversation when you go to the dealer about this. I want to see them all fall to the ground laughing.

I get that you have a good sen of humor. The matter of the fact is that I had to press Brake + Gass Paddle and then push the start button to turn on the car.

·
Registered
230 Posts

rofl. Had to look closely at the picture and indeed, the gas pedal is included. But please, the picture also doesn’t show one foot on both pedals. You always need to have one foot on the brake and the your finger on the start button at the same time. Every single time you start it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you look there is an arrow only pointing at the brake pedal.. The gas is just there for illustration purposes to show both pedals. I did look at the picture and the words state to start engine brake + push the button. Did you look at it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look there is an arrow only pointing at the brake pedal.. The gas is just there for illustration purposes to show both pedals. I did look at the picture and the words state to start engine brake + push the button. Did you look at it?
Yes I did and also tried with Brake depressed and Start Button and it did not work. The only way it started was with Brake + Gass paddle Depressed at the same time and pushing the start button.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Take a video. The picture you shared is totally normal. I'd like to see a single take with your left foot hard on the brake, press the button and show the car not starting. Then add your right foot to the gas, press the button, and show us the car starting.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's basically it. The text simply says "Brake + Push" with no mention of gas or anything else. The picture itself shows an arrow to identify the brake pedal that needs to be pushed, with the gas pedal being there for illustration purposes (the arrow wouldn't be needed at all specifically pointing to the brake pedal if both pedals needed to be pushed).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes I did and also tried with Brake depressed and Start Button and it did not work. The only way it started was with Brake + Gass paddle Depressed at the same time and pushing the start button.
If that's really happening then something would seem to be off somewhere as that isn't how it should be working.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So now the car tells us how to start it. Nice. Who needs brains anymore?

·
Registered
99 Posts
So now the car tells us how to start it. Nice. Who needs brains anymore?
Considering it takes more than one action and plenty of cars are still doing it the much more established "key in ignition" way, it seems like that would be fairly approrpriate to have until this becomes an established norm down the line.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Some days I have to push my brake pedal in really hard to start it. Something with losing brake vacuum which doesn't let the brake pedal sensor know it's depressed. Anyway maybe by the person pushing the brake and gas pedal with one foot it forced the brake pedal sensor enough to start.

Obviously a wild guess but you should not need to press both.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Brake + gas? Never heard of that. I never even saw that graphic on mine. I just get in and push brake and button, never look at dash first. I'm sure it's just letting you know what pedal the brake is. Odd though since if you don't know you shouldn't be driving!! 😄

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
16 Participants
Aviator6
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing