Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a break fluid wire that keeps popping out, any ideas on cause or how to fix? Also, there is a part that is missi g a hose, not sure what the part is or if it needs it. Anyone know what it is?

Adding a pic for guidance.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Your red arrow is pointed at a vent port. That is normal. Nothing attached there

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I think this is your other problem.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for this Nail Grease, I never get a dash light on this, so I don't know why wouldn't. Brakes are fine, I thought maybe pressure from brake use disconnects it, but that makes no sense. I have been monitoring it and it seems to happen within a two week period. maybe I will replace reservoir or connectors.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
YW. I enjoy helping.
I'll be honest and say I haven't had this happen on my Honda vehicles. Is it possible to use a small zip tie on that to keep it from poping back out?

·
Registered
36 Posts
With the wire disconnected the switch in the reservoir cap won't work. It won't tell you if your fluid level is low.

The normal position of the switch is open. It closes if the fluid level drops.

It isn't really necessary if you check your fluid regularly.

You might put the wire in place and gently crimp the connection to make it more secure. The socket likely has become distorted and too big for friction to hold the pin in place.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the wire disconnected the switch in the reservoir cap won't work. It won't tell you if your fluid level is low.

The normal position of the switch is open. It closes if the fluid level drops.

It isn't really necessary if you check your fluid regularly.

You might put the wire in place and gently crimp the connection to make it more secure. The socket likely has become distorted and too big for friction to hold the pin in place.
Thanks, yeah, I been checking it a lot more regularly and fastened it better so far

1 - 10 of 10 Posts