Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading many of the threads on recommended brake controllers and installation for my 2016 Honda Pilot EXL AWD. I'd like to order a controller that is more low profile than the Tekonsha P3 and others like it. Ideally, I want to use one of the empty buttons to the left of the steering wheel. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, which brake controller is best for this option? Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring Obsidian Blue
41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't have a Dremel. Can I just use a drill bit on the blank?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. Does the blank come out to work on or do you have to work on it "in dash"?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got my package from etrailer. Came with a replacement knockout. Anyone else use it? Does it fit? My wife has the Pilot I will have to check the size later. Would be great if it fit in.
Rectangle Wood Material property Font Gas

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like a perfect match. The problem will be getting the blank that's there out. I cannot get more than a finger on it and tried some needle-nose pliers, but couldn't get them in the tangle of things that are back there. Gadget Cable Font Electric blue Hood Gadget Cable Font Electric blue Hood Gadget Cable Font Electric blue Hood Camera Finger Gadget Camera lens Point-and-shoot camera White Hood Light Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Cat Gas Wood Electrical wiring Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas Electricity Gadget

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine did not come with that. Wish it did. Let me know if it fits and post a pic. I might have to order it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is the picture with it mounted in the dash. Not perfect but pretty good. I can't seem to power up the unit though and replied to a brake controller issue thread in the latest gen pilot area.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts