Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the Delphi Roady today & I couldn't’t be more pleased.
Circuit City, Buckhead Atlanta, $120. They had 20 of them. Everything needed is in the package. A simpleton could install it out of the box.

Then stopped by Radio shack on the way home and picked up:
1. 6v 1800mA AC to DC Power Adapter about $14.00 (#273-1763)
2. 6’ Y adapter audio Cable single1/8”stereo to
2 phono males $4.00 (#42-2551)
3. One 6’ 1/8” stereo mini to 1/8” stereo mini $4.00 (#42-2387A)

Roady now plays through my
home stereo through component lines in
Laptop through AC/DC power supply and standard stereo line in
Volvo through Aux in connector on radio front panel
Boom box in garage through L/R line in
Pilot through Cassette adapter.

They all sound excellent. 85% as good as a CD. The Pilot through the cassette adapter comes in last I’m sorry to say. That is because it’s not a direct connection (yet) as all others are. Sure is peculiar that Honda would not put a readily available aux input on the head. That is a simple no brainer. Ipods, XMs, whatever just plug it in.

Anyway got a blitz adapter ordered and will put a mini jack in somewhere discreet. Probably in the front fold down door of the center console.

Also ordered the SkyFi remote from http://www.specmo.com/SkyFI/ProdDescrip.asp?IDNumber=1
which is supposed to work with the Roady.
Sales Part Number: 0TZ00225 Price: $12.74

Gonna pick up another micro antenna from blitz for the house maybe one for the laptop, and treat the Roady as an Ipod. It goes with me.
By the way the micro antenna is incredibly powerful, small and I think paint-able to match.

Ciao
Mooz
exlss

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add one more small item if you want to use tha AC adapter
it is the "b" size nozzle that goes on the power supply wire and plugs into the Roady. You know it like the little nozzle that you plug into your cell phone for charging. It is modular and there are multiple sizes. You'll need the B size. I know you wish it was the "D" size but no, it is the B.

ciao
Mooz
exlss

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Why did you go with XM vs Sirius?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Better products, distribution, partners, programming, innovation,
The only thing "Serious" has going is NPR and that won't last.
Take a look at their respective stock trends.

Circuit City guy told me 10 to1 XM sales to "Serious". Thats horrible
and will only escalate unless they do something radical to turn it around IMHO

ciao
mooz
exlss

·
Registered
409 Posts
Almost..

I am almost there getting a Roadie. Maybe this weekend I will take the plunge and pick one up. Sort of waiting on NPR and the Trucker channels (cuz that's what I do).

Thanks for the info on the new unit.

Don:confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
mooz said:
Bought the Delphi Roady today & I couldn't’t be more pleased.
Circuit City, Buckhead Atlanta, $120. They had 20 of them. Everything needed is in the package. A simpleton could install it out of the box.
Congrats, mooz! I bought my Roady today also, at Circuit City, they had 5 left. Now if I can just get my PILOT (this coming Thursday, hopefully)!

A question, though (and Jay if you're reading this too feel free to jump in): I noticed the User Guide says "Note: you will need to keep your Roady on for at least one hour after activation and installation to receive the full channel lineup." I assume this means to leave your key in the aux/battery on position to keep the car powered for this amount of time? Also, I know that Jay installed his antenna on the back, at the rear of the passenger side on the roof. Where did you install yours? The User Guide is keen on installation in the *middle* of the roof, be it in the front, middle or back.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Bought the Roady XM today

gymeni said:
Congrats, mooz! I bought my Roady today also, at Circuit City, they had 5 left. Now if I can just get my PILOT (this coming Thursday, hopefully)!

A question, though (and Jay if you're reading this too feel free to jump in): I noticed the User Guide says "Note: you will need to keep your Roady on for at least one hour after activation and installation to receive the full channel lineup." I assume this means to leave your key in the aux/battery on position to keep the car powered for this amount of time? Also, I know that Jay installed his antenna on the back, at the rear of the passenger side on the roof. Where did you install yours? The User Guide is keen on installation in the *middle* of the roof, be it in the front, middle or back.
That's correct about leaving it on, but my experience, having activated several units, is that you have the full lineup in less than an hour.

The antenna for the SkyFi or Roady works great where I mounted it. FLPilot mounted his on the dash, and reported good results. He ran the wire under the sun sensor for the climate controls, as shown here:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Congrats, mooz. Enjoy!
:needpics:

I installed a Blitzsafe Aux in Converter today, and it KICKS! Here's a pic taken testing it with my iPod before buttoning this back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey gymeni
As Jay said the activation happened real quick probably in 10 minutes. Haven't permanently mounted anything yet. I want to live with it for a few days and see what works best. Right now it is on the dash and works great. I'm thinking about the recessed area at the back of the hood where the wipers are. thats out of the way and has a sky view and is accessible for cable runs through the firewall. My best guess is that the unit will be on an umbilical out of the center console so the back seat, which is where the primary user is on longer trips, has control.

ciao
mooz
exlss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts