Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just bought a very clean '08 Pilot EX from CT and it had all the necessary work done, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, O2 sensors, new catalytic converter, muffler, etc. The SUV is pretty much perfect aside from one thing. The one imperfection I see is that the steering wheel emblem is faded and gross looking. I thought about buying these emblems:

(links removed since it's my first post)

However, none of these say they fit a Honda Pilot. The J's racing emblem size is apparently 50mm X 40mm so I'm not sure if that's the correct size for a Pilot.

Another thing I want to do is install a "stow and go" license plate bracket since there are no drill holes in the front bumper. I'm not sure if any are made specifically for the Honda Pilot, but if there are let me know. I'm just looking for the manual operated ones

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The emblems I was referring to:

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Oddly, the first one says, when I enter my Pilot model year, "This doesn't fit a 2006 Honda Pilot EX Sport Utility 4-Door 3.5L 3471CC V6 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated." 2006 to 2008 are the same generation refresh, so it's surprising that it would purportedly fit a 2008 but not a 2006. 2009 was the changeover year to a new generation.

Edit: in fact when I enter your model year, there's the same message: "This part is not compatible with 2008 Honda Pilot EX Sport Utility 4-Door 3.5L 3471CC V6 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated."

But you never know, so as the second one recommends, measure your old one precisely.

JDM Emblem Measurement: 50mm x 42mm
  • Please measure the original Size on your vehicle before purchasing this

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Save $$ for repairs which are coming.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
They're only like 12 bucks and constantly staring you in the face while you drive, not to mention the WAF. I'd get one if they fit.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
They're only like 12 bucks and constantly staring you in the face while you drive, not to mention the WAF.
When you get pulled over for distracted driving, you can say that you were looking at the "faded and gross looking" steering wheel emblem, not at your phone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts